Car boot in Bearsden/Milngavie

Options
Pumpkin_2
Pumpkin_2 Posts: 104 Forumite
Hi can anyone tell me if there really is a car boot in Milngavie or if it is a car boot myth? I have some more upmarket things to sell but can't find anything about this car boot on the internet. Please can anyone help?

Thanks!

Comments

• jumpingjackd
    jumpingjackd Posts: 1,135 Forumite
    Options
    Its at the Milngavie roundabout next to Homebase in the cardealership carpark, I think it could be called Halleys.

Sorry to be so vague pumpkin, but I have never been to it. Any time Im up there and see the sign "car boot sale every sunday from 10-4" I keep meaning to go and have a look.
  • Pumpkin_2
    Options
    Its at the Milngavie roundabout next to Homebase in the cardealership carpark, I think it could be called Halleys.

Sorry to be so vague pumpkin, but I have never been to it. Any time Im up there and see the sign "car boot sale every sunday from 10-4" I keep meaning to go and have a look.

Thanks so much for your help - I'll check that out!
  • rollergirl1507
    Options
    It is beside Halleys Car Dealership is supposed to be really good but have never been if you check http://www.milngavieonline.com it will tell you when they are on.
  • Pumpkin_2
    Options
    Thanks to all who posted I went to the car boot to sell on Sunday, exactly where jumpingjackd said it was. Sold a lot of stuff and made nearly £100! So I am very happy. Thinking of going there again nearer Christmas to sell. Thanks again.
  • Vaila
    Vaila Posts: 6,301 Forumite
    Options
    Sorry to ressurrect an old thread, but does anyone know what the pitch charges of this boot sale are? Blochairn is quite pricey so looking for an alternative
  • jackieglasgow
    jackieglasgow Posts: 9,436 Forumite
    Options
    Blochairn is fifteen pounds which is one of the more reasonable ones in the city Arran. It's £20 at Polmadie on a Saturday and £10 on a Sunday but if the weather is good on a Sunday its dead because everyone is at Blochairn.
    mardatha wrote: »
    It's what is inside your head that matters in life - not what's outside your window :D
    Every worthwhile accomplishment, big or little, has its stages of drudgery and triumph; a beginning, a struggle and a victory. - Ghandi
  • pocketslint
    pocketslint Posts: 93 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi folks, does anyone know the current charge and procedure for a pitch at the above. thanks in advance, WW.:T:rotfl::j
  • jcdude
    Options
    :) Does anybody know a good place for car boot sales around Paisley and some info about it.
  • claudiac_2
    Options
    Last time I was at the Milngavie boot sale it was £10, it's quite a good one as it starts at 9.00 am (not too early!), and finishes at noon, so it's quite a short one, but I found it quite busy.
    Sealed pot Challenge 2011 member No 1241 - Final total £154.21
    Sealed Pot Challenge 2012 - No.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family