How to stop a cat coming into our house ?

Options
13»

Comments

• howalsh
    howalsh Posts: 396 Forumite
    Options
    It sounds obvious but have you thought about a dog?
    Next doors cat used to come in all the time & I didnt mind, but after looking after my mums dog for a few days it hasnt been in since.
    My views are irrelevant - censorship is alive & well!
  • skintchick
    skintchick Posts: 15,114 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    YOu have to consistently scare it off, by hissing etc as has been suggested, Also, stare at it and don;t blink, hold untikl the cat looks away to assert your self over it.

I did this with next door's two because they scare my cat, and now they leg it from me as soon as i look out of the window!
    :cool: DFW Nerd Club member 023...DFD 9.2.2007 :cool:
    :heartpuls married 21 6 08 :A Angel babies' birth dates 3.10.08 * 4.3.11 * 11.11.11 * 17.3.12 * 2.7.12 :heart2: My live baby's birth date 22 7 09 :heart2: I'm due another baby at the end of July 2014! :j
  • vicki98_2
    vicki98_2 Posts: 241 Forumite
    Options
    howalsh wrote:
    It sounds obvious but have you thought about a dog?
    Next doors cat used to come in all the time & I didnt mind, but after looking after my mums dog for a few days it hasnt been in since.

some cats aren't bothered .. we've got a dog but it does nothin to stop the cats winding him up. They sit on the windowsill and stare him out while he barks at them and goes crazy. they never move an inch and we still have to watch they don't sneak in through open doors and windows. They're hard little !!!!!!s the cats round here.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure