Apply or not apply to C/A with A&L?

Options
Hi all,

I am thinking of opening a C/A with A&L to benefit from 5.5% and to possibly get a 0% C/C in Oct/Nov 2005, so I can transfer my balance from Sainsburys by then.

I hold a C/A with Lloyds (which I use) and a dormant C/A with Barclays.

In the past month or so I was refused C/C with Egg and MBNA; but got the Sainsbury's one. Had 3 loan proposals refused (I know I was silly to do that, and now need to wait a year to "clean" the searches on Experian).

I would like to know whether this string of refusals can interfere in my application to get a C/A with A&L? or should I wait for I while to apply?

Any comments/advice is very much appreciated!!

Cheers all

Comments

• jo_b_2
    jo_b_2 Posts: 7,123 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    With 5 recent refusals for credit, chances are your credit record will be pretty poor. A+L can be quite strict about the scoring system and I, personally, doubt whether you would be accepted for a current account. :-/

Totally up to you whether you want to risk it. Of course, the obvious thing is to make sure you are on the Electoral register as this has a immediate impact on your credit rating.

Hope that helps. Jo :)
  • MarkyMarkD
    MarkyMarkD Posts: 9,912 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    You might get an A&L current account, but you certainly wouldn't get Premier Plus which pays 5.5%. That's restricted to people with good credit scores.

If you apply for Premier Plus, you'll just get rejected or downgraded to a regular current account. So I shouldn't bother.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure