We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Paying overdraft with CC
jeff1969
Posts: 30 Forumite
in Credit cards
I currently have £1500 on overdraft at my bank and want to transfer this to a credit card with a low if not zero percent APR.
Is there anything I need to be aware of before applying for a cc to allow me to do this, or will any old cc do?
Thanks
Is there anything I need to be aware of before applying for a cc to allow me to do this, or will any old cc do?
Thanks
0
Comments
-
So basically there's only mint card that can do SBT? as I'm guessing that this is what's needed to pay off the overdraft?
Or can I use a virgin card which has cheques to pay off the debt and then transfer to any old 0% card ( although I'm guessing that using cheques is classed as cash? ).
Thanks0 -
What do you mean when saying 'old 0% card'. How old? 0% is usually an introductory offer. When the introductory period is over, BTs are usually classed as cash advances.
If you get some new card with 0% on BTs and no SBT option, you can use some of your old cards to draw cash (cash advance fee is usually 2%) and then transfer the balance to the new card. You will also pay a few days interest in this case.
If you don't want to pay 2%+, there are The Easy Route and The Middle Route described in the article I mentioned above.0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards