We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Egg money card - how long to process?

I applied for an Egg Money card online and it came up with a message saying they would be in contact with me - that was about 2 weeks ago now. Was going to contact them but just wondered how long it had taken for others to be contacted or if they had just been issued one immediately through the website?

I have previously had an Egg cc (not an Egg money one though) so figured that was causing the delay.

Thanks
MFIT No. 81

Comments

  • gingercordial
    gingercordial Posts: 1,681
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    I had that and they never did call me back! I had to phone them up myself after about 2 weeks to ask what the decision was.
  • upton66
    upton66 Posts: 22 Forumite
    Recently applied for another one in my daughter's name and it took three weeks.
  • Redbedhead
    Redbedhead Posts: 1,131 Forumite
    I had that and they never did call me back! I had to phone them up myself after about 2 weeks to ask what the decision was.
    Did that mean you hadn't got the card?
    MFIT No. 81
  • Redbedhead
    Redbedhead Posts: 1,131 Forumite
    Called them - turns out I needed to have closed the last Egg card for 12 months before I am allowed a new one, even though they were different cards.

    Not particularly impressed with their communication though, I doubt if I hadn't called that they would have informed me.
    MFIT No. 81
  • kuohu
    kuohu Posts: 913
    Part of the Furniture
    Forumite
    Seems a bit strange, as they are two different products really. Was there any indication as to why this was one of the terms, or do any other posters know why?
    DFW Nerd 035
  • MikeyB_2
    MikeyB_2 Posts: 61 Forumite
    Redbedhead wrote:
    .. if they had just been issued one immediately through the website?

    I applied for an Egg Money card having logged into my Egg Green card account and was accepted instantly after inputting the necessary details - was told interest rates and credit limits there and then

    The card came a week later - looks like I was luckier than some
    I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.
    - Thomas Jefferson

    Proud to be dealing with my debts
  • Redbedhead
    Redbedhead Posts: 1,131 Forumite
    kuohu wrote:
    Seems a bit strange, as they are two different products really. Was there any indication as to why this was one of the terms, or do any other posters know why?
    The lad on the phone just looked at my record and said my other egg card had only been closed for 6 months and that was why.

    Would be interested to hear if that is a term though from others
    MFIT No. 81
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.