We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Natwest savings account paying interest when account is empty

I had a natwest e-savings account which paid a monthly interest. When the account dropped to an almost 0% interest rate three months ago I moved the money to Abbey National and left the natwest account empty. At the end of each of the 3 months since, the empty account has been earning £1.28. Is this normal practice or should I inform natwest it is some kind of system error ?

Comments

  • I wish my empty/mothballed accounts would do that!

    I would contact them. The only thing I can think of is that there's an account somewhere that's having its interest paid into yours somehow.

    If they say there's nothing wrong, can you let us know what type of account you have? There may be a few more of us that want to open one of these fantastic accounts :p
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.