disabled car sticker and badge holder.

Options
Ok just to get you in the picture our old car completely failed its mot so went to scrap:A heaven well it was 13years old and our new car will hopefully arrive before Christmas (fingers crossed). Its a nightmare trying to get mum to her hospital appointments without any decent transport.

Anyway so for the new car I want to get a disabled logo car window sticker and a disabled badge holder.

I want to know if there's a standard size for the car sticker, I had a quick look on ebay and there were different sizes and shapes (square or circle mainly).

About the badge holder I'm trying to find the one that you secure around the steering wheel but not having any luck.

Comments

• Invasion
    Invasion Posts: 586 Forumite
    Options
    What do you mean by badge holder? Do you mean a leather wallet type thing? I have a lovely turquoise one that without I;m certain I'd have lost badge by now ;)
    If you secure it round the steering wheel surely it's not in the right place to be seen? Forgive me if I'm wrong, I'm drugged up, tired, and should be asleep :p
    I think the car sticker is up to personal preference.. is it for people to keep space free round the back of the car to get a wheelchair out or similar?
  • wolfehouse
    wolfehouse Posts: 1,394 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    you could try the disabled drivers association (now called mobilise)
    http://www.mobilise.info/OnlineServices.asp

they have information officers you can phone

they used to sell all those things but now have a rather complicated 'products' section. still, its all there somewhere.
  • Paparika
    Paparika Posts: 2,476 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    just googled this,

http://www.bluebadgeholder.com/catalog/index.php

I can't rate it as i have just found it, i have the blue badge, but want a wallet and sticker
    Life is about give and take, if you can't give why should you take?
  • colin13
    colin13 Posts: 1,007 Forumite
    Options
    What do you mean by badge holder? Do you mean a leather wallet type thing? I have a lovely turquoise one that without I;m certain I'd have lost badge by now ;)

I bought one of these recently,,the reason I had already lost my blue bagdge

bit like bolting stables after horse has bolted :) ps mine is just boring black turquoise aint my colour:)
  • Rochelle
    Rochelle Posts: 124 Forumite
    Options
    I got my faux leather badge holder from betterware cat it was only £5
  • Paparika
    Paparika Posts: 2,476 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    http://www.betterware.co.uk/productlist.aspx?cid=192&language=en-GB&sz=All

found the betterware one.

oooo and lots of gadget things too :D
    Life is about give and take, if you can't give why should you take?
  • Invasion
    Invasion Posts: 586 Forumite
    Options
    Meant to say, mine was £3.95 with free delivery from ebay, they do loads of different colours tooo :)
  • wazza
    wazza Posts: 2,595 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Problem with having access to internet is that i get asked by many to solve their problems :( Well at least i learn something on the way :D
  • jazabelle
    jazabelle Posts: 1,707 Forumite
    Options
    I got a pink protector from £1.99 at the market!

The securer is more expensive - I think it's to try and prevent theft. When I originally got my Blue Badge they sent a leaflet with one for about £30.
    "There is no medicine like hope, no incentive so great, and no tonic so powerful as expectation of something better tomorrow." - Orison Swett Marden
  • isualive
    isualive Posts: 6,970 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I got mine from local market too. I think I paid £2.99.
    Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless. ~ Mother Teresa
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure