We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

from abbey to family investments?

Just had my sons statement [no received my daughters yet] which says closing statement...then amount

then underneath it says about it movign to family investments...

Has this happened to anyone else...should I be worried???

I didnt get any notification about it moving etc, I thought with the change it would automatically just be renames as santander?

thanks in advance
Can't think of anything funny to put here!

Comments

  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 121,862 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Santander have been selling off their various insurance arms. There was something about Abbey using Family investments earlier in the year but Santander taking over the investment management of Family Investments.

    Nothing to be concerned with.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • would the trust be the same sort of one that I had previously then?

    thanks
    Can't think of anything funny to put here!
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 121,862 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Family investments mostly only deal with CTFs and childrens investments. Its just the point of admin that has changed. If anything the admin should be better going forward.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • many thanks
    Can't think of anything funny to put here!
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.