We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Historical Interest Rate
fozzeh
Posts: 994 Forumite
Morning
I'm getting some information together which I require and wondered if anyone has/knows of a source of historical interest rates on savings accounts?
I'm basically looking for what was on offer (best/good one on market) on a fixed rate 1 year bond from 2001 to 2009 but can't find anything. Not the BoE BR but what was on offer to the general public as a product. I rang RBS and they don't keep much online and I'd have to put a data request through (at a charge no doubt). May give Halifax and a few others a ring in the meantime.
TIA
I'm getting some information together which I require and wondered if anyone has/knows of a source of historical interest rates on savings accounts?
I'm basically looking for what was on offer (best/good one on market) on a fixed rate 1 year bond from 2001 to 2009 but can't find anything. Not the BoE BR but what was on offer to the general public as a product. I rang RBS and they don't keep much online and I'd have to put a data request through (at a charge no doubt). May give Halifax and a few others a ring in the meantime.
TIA
0
Comments
-
This spreadsheet give lots of info on historic "average" rates - not what you asked for I know - but there may be something useful. -Check Table 5
http://www.lloydsbankinggroup.com/me...c_factbook.asp0 -
You could plough through the press releases of somewhere like Nationwide, which shows 2005-2009, or Halifax (2007-2009).
Alternatively, for Halifax rates:
see here for June 2000 - Sept 2001,
see here for Aug 2001 - June 2002,
see here for August 2002 - December 2007, and
see here for 2007 and 2008.0 -
Lovely. First link gives a nice overview and the ones rb10 has posted go for the full whack.
Much appreciation to you both. Just what I wanted.0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards