We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Lloyds Vantage Account - Wrong Interest?

2»

Comments

  • RocketPig wrote: »
    To be honest its hard to tell, I put a few grand in there on the 3rd november and added to it every now and then. As opposed to dumping £6k in at the start.
    And if you didn't have £5K in at any point, you would have received a lower rate of interest for those days.
    The tiers are up to £999, 1.98%; £1,000 to £2,999, 2.96%; £5000 to £7000, 3.93%. Those percentages are the actual gross rates, not the notional AER.
  • And if you didn't have £5K in at any point, you would have received a lower rate of interest for those days.
    The tiers are up to £999, 1.98%; £1,000 to £2,999, 2.96%; £5000 to £7000, 3.93%. Those percentages are the actual gross rates, not the notional AER.

    Thats another good point, which means at the start of each month, even with £7k balance, I will only be earning the lower rate of interest because I have not put £1k in. If that is the case I will put in £1k at the beginning of each month for 1 day then transfer it back to its original account.
  • johnmoney05
    johnmoney05 Posts: 1,484 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    RocketPig wrote: »
    Thats another good point, which means at the start of each month, even with £7k balance, I will only be earning the lower rate of interest because I have not put £1k in. If that is the case I will put in £1k at the beginning of each month for 1 day then transfer it back to its original account.

    No. You just need to put £1000 during the month. Not necessary the first day.
  • 10_66
    10_66 Posts: 3,572 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ...My interest was £17.49 which works out to about 29 days, not 30 days, which should be £18.07.

    THIS link from Dagobert explains how LTSB calculate their interest period.
  • oldfella
    oldfella Posts: 1,535 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    October interest was paid a day late because month end was over the weekend, so November is based on 29 days
  • savetilibleed
    savetilibleed Posts: 1,363 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    edited 3 December 2009 at 9:25PM
    Hmm sort of explains the anomaly. Not very straightforward at all is it. Strange thing is the interest I was paid in Nov (for Oct) was £19.07, when for 11 days of Oct I had around £6200 and for one day only £5048. Then for the latter half of the month I had £7000+
  • anamenottaken
    anamenottaken Posts: 4,198 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    edited 3 December 2009 at 8:04PM
    RocketPig wrote: »
    Thats another good point, which means at the start of each month, even with £7k balance, I will only be earning the lower rate of interest because I have not put £1k in. If that is the case I will put in £1k at the beginning of each month for 1 day then transfer it back to its original account.


    Put the £1K in no earlier than the second working day of the calendar month. I think you will find t's the way the accounting month works which means the first working day doesn't count for that calendar month.

    So if you have £7K in at the beginning of the month and pay in a total of at least £1K during the month, you will earn the highest rate on the whole £7K.
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.