We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

AA Savings account? any experiences?

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone has any experience of using the AA for their savings account. I'm looking at moving my savings and they seem to have a good rate of 3.15% for balances less than 50k....which seems fairly ok.

I cant find much about peoples experiences with them though, so any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

  • rb10
    rb10 Posts: 6,334 Forumite
    I started a thread on this exact same topic a couple of weeks ago:
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=2040053&highlight=

    As the responses were overwhelmingly positive, I have opened one. My experiences so far agree 100% with the replies on that thread, I received my account number, with an agreement to sign, and a pre-paid envelope, on a Tuesday (having applied Sunday night). They then sent out my log-in details two working days after they received my cheque. So can't fault them for how quick they are!

    Haven't tried to withdraw money yet, but opening was simple.

    Just remember to close the account in a year, as 2.65% is a bonus that only lasts for the first 12 months.
  • atypical
    atypical Posts: 1,344 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Do they support Faster Payments? I know on that thread you linked to it says they don't out but I read on another that they do for payments in.
  • rb10
    rb10 Posts: 6,334 Forumite
    Yes, I have sent faster payments to my AA account.

    Can take up to a couple of hours to show up though.

    And no sign of faster payments out.
  • zogg
    zogg Posts: 153 Forumite
    Tenth Anniversary
    Managed to get the 7.2% deal last year.

    No problems at all. Wrote to me 4 weeks prior to maturity and paid funds and interest into nominated account on specified date. No sure about faster payments.

    I would certainly deal with them again.
  • isayhello
    isayhello Posts: 461 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    rb10 wrote: »
    I started a thread on this exact same topic a couple of weeks ago:
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=2040053&highlight=

    As the responses were overwhelmingly positive, I have opened one. My experiences so far agree 100% with the replies on that thread, I received my account number, with an agreement to sign, and a pre-paid envelope, on a Tuesday (having applied Sunday night). They then sent out my log-in details two working days after they received my cheque. So can't fault them for how quick they are!

    Haven't tried to withdraw money yet, but opening was simple.

    Just remember to close the account in a year, as 2.65% is a bonus that only lasts for the first 12 months.


    Thanks for the info, did you have to credit your account with a cheque to begin with? wouldnt they accept an electronic transfer?

    I just ask as i dont have a cheque book.
  • jem16
    jem16 Posts: 19,907 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    isayhello wrote: »
    Thanks for the info, did you have to credit your account with a cheque to begin with? wouldnt they accept an electronic transfer?

    I just ask as i dont have a cheque book.

    They need a cheques to verify your linked account. So yes first deposit has to be by cheque.
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.