We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Britannia 5 yr Bond

luvpump
luvpump Posts: 1,621 Forumite
Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
edited 2 December 2009 at 4:41PM in Savings & investments
http://www.britannia.co.uk/home/_site/campaign/bonds/3yr-frb/index.html?display_bonds

What ya think ? Seems like a good one ! .. With the Newcastle Society, type, get out clause ?! A Rate penalty, but who knows rates may not go up much, if at all .

Comments

  • D1zzy
    D1zzy Posts: 1,500 Forumite
    luvpump wrote: »
    http://www.britannia.co.uk/home/_site/campaign/bonds/3yr-frb/index.html?display_bonds

    What ya think ? Seems like a good one ! .. With the Newcastle Society, type, get out clause ?! A Rate penalty, but who knows rates may not go up much, if at all .
    As the penalty is quite hefty (2% interest)[so not as good as Newcastle which had no penalty -just 90 days notice], if you split yr savings over more than 1 bond - you have the option to close 1 if needed and still leave the other(s) earning 5%
  • vegasvisitor
    vegasvisitor Posts: 2,295 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    I actually thought this one looked quite good, but only for some money that I don't want to have to touch anyway for 3 years (isn't it a 3 year bond?). Maybe I've been looking at a different one.

    Anyway I was all ready to start applying and I couldn't get the pdf file from their website at all - it said the file was damaged, then I read the list of things they wanted for ID in the post and it's all things I'd need to get a certified copy of (ie not sending my driving license or passport to them!). My nearest branch is 25 miles away, in a city, so I'd really need to go there and I'm not sure I like the idea of heading into the city on a saturday at this time of year.... Will see if I can find something comparable that I can apply for online first.
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.