We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
*NO* Balance Transfer from Virgin to Halifax One
misslee1888
Posts: 70 Forumite
in Credit cards
I have just been aproved for a CC with 0% balance transfer for 12 months for a Halifax One CC with a £6100 limit.
However, when I go online and try to transfer the balance (£1800) from my virgin card, I get a message that says that they are not accepting transfers from this financial institution. Can they do this !!!
However, when I go online and try to transfer the balance (£1800) from my virgin card, I get a message that says that they are not accepting transfers from this financial institution. Can they do this !!!
0
Comments
-
Probably - there is probably something in the small print.
There are sometimes technical issues that explain this, or it could be an anti-gaming policy by the halifax because they know that MBNA cards can be used to transfer money to a current or savings account. Depends whether they say the same thing about egg cards.
R.Smile
, it makes people wonder what you have been up to.0 -
It was reported here many times that Halifax have problems with online BTs from various 'financial institutions'. Usually they don't have any problems with doing the same BTs if you try to do this over a phone.0
-
I had the same problem transferring an MBNA operated Abbey card balance to a Halifax card, and they could not do it over the phone either.0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards