We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
GE money
Poppy9
Posts: 18,836 Forumite
in Credit cards
I used to have a GE money storecard for Mothercare. I always paid off the balance each month as the only reason I kept the card (DD now 11) is they still send money off vouchers and I use them for present buying.
A couple of months ago when the bill came in I mislaid it. I though it was for £12.50 (but it actually £11.60) and made a payment of £12.50. When my next bill came through the opening balance of 11.60 showed, then the payment of £12.50 and the excess credit of 90p credit was down as transferred to miscellaneous balances so my account balance was nil. I was furious at being robbed so I rang them. After being on hold and explaining to 2 people who both had to transfer me I gave up.
I found an email address from the website of a senior person within GE money and demanded the return of the 90p via a transfer to my Debenhams card which I still use frequently. I also asked for reimbursement of my phone call as it was a lengthly call and cost me over £1. My Debenhams bill has just arrived and they have credited my Debenhams card with the money for the phonecall.
A couple of months ago when the bill came in I mislaid it. I though it was for £12.50 (but it actually £11.60) and made a payment of £12.50. When my next bill came through the opening balance of 11.60 showed, then the payment of £12.50 and the excess credit of 90p credit was down as transferred to miscellaneous balances so my account balance was nil. I was furious at being robbed so I rang them. After being on hold and explaining to 2 people who both had to transfer me I gave up.
I found an email address from the website of a senior person within GE money and demanded the return of the 90p via a transfer to my Debenhams card which I still use frequently. I also asked for reimbursement of my phone call as it was a lengthly call and cost me over £1. My Debenhams bill has just arrived and they have credited my Debenhams card with the money for the phonecall.
0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards