Heard from your bank/court about your claim being restarted? Please let us know.

Options
Former_MSE_Wendy
Former_MSE_Wendy Posts: 929 Forumite
I've been Money Tipped! Newshound! PPI Party Pooper Best Buy Bear
Please let us know as soon as you've had a letter from your bank or court to say your claim is being reopened or heard. I'll be keeping an eye on this thread :)
*** Get the Martin's Money Tips Free E-mail at www.moneysavingexpert.com/tips ***

Comments

• vorlon69
    Options
    My case is listed for 07 December - this was listed about 3 or 4 weeks ago - i applied under the hardship rules
    How is the latest decision going to affect me?
  • natweststaffmember
    Options
    vorlon69 wrote: »
    My case is listed for 07 December - this was listed about 3 or 4 weeks ago - i applied under the hardship rules
    How is the latest decision going to affect me?

If it's in the court then Hardship rules do not apply in court, they only applied when your bank looks at the claim. Are you applying to lift a stay in place in court?
    I have not worked for NatWest Bank since February 2009

This username is no longer active.
  • Jph64
    Options
    I attended a schedule hearing today to lift a stay of proceedings on a bank charge reclaiming case against the Nationwide Building Society. The stay was lifted and I have been given until 8th January to amend the particulars of my claim. I feel that this may now be a test case and I am looking for support. Can anyone help me? John
  • esmerellda
    esmerellda Posts: 2,237 Forumite
    Options
    Hi JPH

When did Nationwide apply to lift the stay and on what grounds ?

We'll all help all we can and you have plenty of time to get revised particulars submitted. If you have copies of the documents applying for the stay lift, and the order from the court that you amend particulars, that would be extrememly useful. Also your original particulars of claim used when you first made the claim. You can email these to [EMAIL="admin@legalbeagles.info"]admin@legalbeagles.info[/EMAIL] or to Wendy on here.
    Hopefully you will be aware that new POCs are being worked on by some top notch barristers at the moment on MSE's behalf and these should be ready in plenty of time, however we'll need to begin looking at your overall case asap so they can be adapted to sut your precise situation.

Ame
    xx
    LegalBeagles
  • bengal-stripe
    Options
    esmerellda wrote: »
    .......being worked on by some top notch barristers at the moment on MSE's behalf

Can we take that as an admission, that the barrister(s) used so far by anti-charge campaigners, was/were not top notch? :D
  • esmerellda
    Options
    pmsl, as if I would be in a position to admit or deny any such thing.
    LegalBeagles
  • Penalty_charges
    Options
    onlypaddy wrote: »
    please, enlighten us also...i want to know if it was you who got them to give you time to amend your POC!

I'm in a similar position, in limbo waiting for letters from MSE or a rejection from the court, or hopefully something similar to yourself now...

what did your POC say,
    Stephen Hone, started the national bank charges campaign in 2005 and is the founder of the Penalty charges forum now known as TheConsumersforum :j
  • Oeillade
    Oeillade Posts: 185 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Jph64 wrote: »
    I attended a schedule hearing today to lift a stay of proceedings on a bank charge reclaiming case against the Nationwide Building Society. The stay was lifted and I have been given until 8th January to amend the particulars of my claim. I feel that this may now be a test case and I am looking for support. Can anyone help me? John

Hi Jph64

What did you say to the court to get them give you the chance to amend the particulars of your claim?

That would probably be a great help to some of the rest of us who are waiting to hear what the courts say about our stayed claims.

Thank you
  • theunistudent85
    Options
    Hi All,

I have recently received a response from Natwest, since my last letter confirming financial hardship I had to disclose financial documents to prove i was in hardship (missed debits, non payment of debits and general letters of debt pursuers).

The response states that 'your request has been assesses and confirmed subject to regular credits to your account as appropriate' it goes on to say 'this arrangement can continue, if required, until the result of the Office of Fair Trading and UK Bank court case outcome is known' at this point I realised this was a letter (dated 19 Nov 09) I has not received due to my correspondent address being at my parents.

It goes on to say ' until the results of the charge test case is known no further charges will be applied'

The main points of the letter says 'I will be required to service any remaining direct debits/standing orders' and a replacement card is being issued'

It says i should return my existing solo card, which i haven't yet as I've only just stumbled across the letter and that 'upon receipt f the letter, an offer letter will be sent under separate cover which will be you will be required to sign and return, once letter received account will be credited in 7 days'

Now does this mean an offer is being made, if so I wish to send the letter back immediately, can anyone please confirm what this means please?

Thanks in advance...
  • esmerellda
    Options
    It means they are treating your case in line with the financial difficulty guidelines set down by the FOS/FSA. It sounds as though they are moving you to a basic account to help and possibly making an offer for a refund once you have shown that you are committed to sorting out the financial difficulty. The offer is likely to be quite low, in line with your monthly deficit or priority arrears, but it should help you out. As things stand with the test case, most things still seem to be on hold waiting for the OFT announcement, so I'd carry on as you have before the judgment.
    LegalBeagles
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport