We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
am i being scammed? please help! (sainburys credit card)
fiffio
Posts: 45 Forumite
in Credit cards
I applied for a sainsburys credit card yesterday. I received a phone call just now to say I have been accepted and my details are fine, after answering a couple of questions regarding my application like password DOB etc (the caller asked me so unsure of how much he knew himself). The caller told me to send a current bank statement to Card Services, POBox 316, CF23 8FN. I'm unsure as this address seems a bit suspect. Can you please let mew know if this is the case as I was expecting a letter through the door with details of what to do regarding bank statements ect.
The caller knew I had applied for a sainburys card and knew I'm financially linked to 2 addresses so maybe I'm wrong?
Any info would be helpfull as im now worried about my details on sainburys website etc!
Thank you
Kenny
The caller knew I had applied for a sainburys card and knew I'm financially linked to 2 addresses so maybe I'm wrong?
Any info would be helpfull as im now worried about my details on sainburys website etc!
Thank you
Kenny
0
Comments
-
I think you're right to be worried. It is not normal practice to be asked for your password. Did you apply online? Having said that, the postal code is correct for HBOS who administers sainsbury's card.0
-
It could be a dishonest employee trying to get your details. We sometimes hear of fraud committed by bank employees who have access to sensitive and classified client information...
I would be very suspicious of this, and would call Sainsbury just to be sure.Be careful who you open up to. Today it's ears, tomorrow it's mouth.0 -
If you want to secure your personal details, then try this:
Taking Identity Fraud in Hand:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/moneybox/3574779.stm
http://www.24dash.com/content/news/viewNews.php?navID=34&newsID=36850 -
I appplied online via a link I used from this website.
I can't see a phone number on the website though?
cheers
kenny0 -
0
-
Thanks grumbler!
I phoned and the address is fine and everything checked out!
Thanks for the help all those that replied!
Kenny0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
