PC Pitstop - Utilities any good?

Options
Has anyone ever used http://www.pcpitstop.com/store/pcmatic.asp PCpitstops scanning utilities. Is it any good. There is a deal that ends today, but you can get the whole PCmatic suite for $9.99 with a coupon. I just don't want to list it if it is no use. In my experience their tips are pretty sound, any feedback?
New PV club member. 3.99kW system. Solar Edge with 14 x 285W JA Solar panels. 55° West from south and 35° pitch.

Comments

• GunJack
    GunJack Posts: 11,673 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Haven't used pcpitstop for a while, but some peeps on some of the techie broadband forums still think it's okay, but the free versions rather than the paid-for. If you do go for it, let us know how you get on :)
    ......Gettin' There, Wherever There is......

I have a dodgy "i" key, so ignore spelling errors due to "i" issues, ...I blame Apple :D
  • Oneday77
    Oneday77 Posts: 1,242 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just downloading it now. £6.25, by paypal, for auto fix rather than the free scan and recommend fixes, I am lazy ;)
    I have been using the site for years and think it is very straight forward to use.
    New PV club member. 3.99kW system. Solar Edge with 14 x 285W JA Solar panels. 55° West from south and 35° pitch.
  • spud17
    spud17 Posts: 4,394 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Tried the free version about 2 years ago.

It came up with a couple of suggestions, but nothing earth shattering.

It did bench mark against similar, low spec in my case, PCs.

IIRC I came out pretty well in the bench marking. :D

But then I do my best to keep carp away and run mean'lean.
    Move along, nothing to see.
  • spud17
    spud17 Posts: 4,394 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Just downloading it now. £6.25, by paypal, for auto fix rather than the free scan and recommend fixes, I am lazy ;)
    And overpaid. :p
    Move along, nothing to see.
  • Oneday77
    Options
    spud17 wrote: »
    And overpaid. :p
    I was thinking that for £6.25 rather than Nortons 360 and other manistream products it does quite well and is relatively easy to use. Yes it doesn't replace a decent virus\firewall\malware package but for removing carp and helping keep a pc tidy it helps.
  • Oneday77
    Options
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=2116999 if your wanting details about it and where the code is. I will not say it's the best product on the planet but it would certainly help lots of people in someway that visit the Techie Stuff forum.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure