Spam Folder not receiving Emails

Options
In my Outlook i have added a folder to move all my spam into. Some of the spam i use, but the last couple of days i have received no emails at all with spam. I am receiving normal emails to my inbox.

I use the Message Rules in Tools to move everything with "spam" into a separate folder. I have even cancelled this to see if that works.

Any ideas would be great :confused:

Thanks in advance
Toyah x

Comments

• macman
    macman Posts: 53,098 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    So if I understand correctly, you're complaining that you are no longer receiving any spam?
    That must be a first on these boards.
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
  • twinkle662009
    Options
    I hear what your saying, :rotfl: but for some reason some emails that i use are titled spam :confused: and i need those ones
  • ihatebt_2
    ihatebt_2 Posts: 143 Forumite
    Options
    The chances are that your email provider has put in extra spam controls in, so these emails don't get downloaded in the first place, which is good.

If legitimate email is getting flagged up as spam, then lower the spam filtering level with your email account or ISP. Put the email addresses of friends and family onto a whitelist/allowed/safe list so they always get through.
  • twinkle662009
    Options
    OK, i will try that. I have some of the email address in my contact address book but even these dont appear to be getting throught.

Mind you TBH it is nice not deleting hundreds of spam every day :j

thanks for your time

Toyah x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills