Landlord's insurance

LANDLORD'S INSURANCE

Hi all

I'm off to see the world in January, and plan to rent out my flat. I'm struggling to find an insurance company that will give me ONLY contents insurance. I don't need buildings insurance - I don't own the freehold to my flat so don't have any control over the buildings cover.

But I do want to insure myself against any tenant who decides to steal my sofa, or strip my kitchen! So I only need contents cover.

Any tips?

thanks!

Anna

:o

Comments

• huckster
    huckster Posts: 4,821 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Anna

There are a number of companies that provide Landlords Contents Insurance. Just do a google for that and you will find them. E.g. letsure.
    The comments I post are personal opinion. Always refer to official information sources before relying on internet forums. If you have a problem with any organisation, enter into their official complaints process at the earliest opportunity, as sometimes complaints have to be started within a certain time frame.
  • Many thanks huckster - that's really helpful. I've now found a few companies to call.

:T
  • jeppy
    jeppy Posts: 3,428 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    The kitchen is probably included within the buildings insurance, as the units are fixtures and fittings.

Milestone Insurance have a scheme which includes £5000 for about £75, not sure if it includes theft by persons legally on the property though.

Commercial Express and Letplan also do stand alone schemes for contents only.

Good Luck
    ACII and Chartered so now I can focus on learning to play my beautiful Sax. 🎷
  • Hope you got your cover sorted. Alot of companies now do landlord contents insurance only, best to shop around, make sure you are up front to them about what you are buying and always take the name of who you speak to at the insurance company.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure