Bathroom lighting anyone?

Options
Hoping someone can point me in the right direction, either high street or on-line.

I'm looking for an oversink light with shaver socket that can be turned on independently (eg pullcord) so I don't have to have a separate switch wired in, that isn't a manky white plastic thing, and which is less than the (admittedly nice) £80 in my local independent shop.

Any good on-line places where I can start the hunt?
Thanks
All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.

Comments

• playa1406
    Options
    have you checked screwfix or b&q?
    smoke free since 27/12/2008
    debt free one day
    £12000 loan to consolidate existing credit
  • elsien
    elsien Posts: 32,761 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Yes, been round the sheds.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
  • WestonDave
    WestonDave Posts: 5,154 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler
    Options
    http://www.thelightingsuperstore.co.uk/category.asp?catcode=170

Anything there that takes your fancy?

The other one I use (but its not really on the internet) is Lighting Bug in Swindon - if you phone them on 01793 616018 I'm sure they'll send you a catalogue (or more!), and if you tell them what you are looking for they can probably point you are some manufacturers to look at.
    Adventure before Dementia!
  • honey06
    honey06 Posts: 289 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    this isnt quite what you describe, but have you considered one of these mirrors??

http://www.pebblegrey.co.uk/productDetails.asp?v=18

it has lights, a shaver socket and a demister pad.
  • andrew-b
    andrew-b Posts: 2,413 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    I spent ages looking for what your after and i didn't find much cheaper than you've already found. Really didn't want just a manky strip light either! In the end i admitted defeat and went with just a nice light and a seperate shaver socket - then your spoilt for choice!
    Of course you could always just use a rechargeable shaver and charge it up via an adapter in a standard socket elsewhere in the house...though i wanted the versatility of being able to plug in directly too for the odd occassion i forget to recharge.
  • andrew-b
    andrew-b Posts: 2,413 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    In my search i was actually tempted to go for one of these : http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Main_Index/Lighting_Menu_Index/Shaverlight_Index/Shaverlites_1/index.html ..which are a bit nicer than most (hotel we stayed at recently had a similar one and looked ok..ish - shaver socket under a slide out section).
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure