Halifax Reward: How many accounts can you have?

Options
Hi all

Quick question : How many Reward Accounts can you have with Halifax?

I know it used to be 3 but I've got it in my head that it's now only 1.

I have searched through all the T+Cs but can't find anything, I must be blind.

Thanks
Originally Posted by Dr Cuckoo3
Your bank and bank card does say something about the kind of person you are: Big 4 banks=sheep;),Santander=someone who doesnt mind incompetence:p,COOP=Ethical views,a campaigner:cool:,First Direct/Coventry=someone who thinks they are better than others:o,NI Bank card when living on the mainland=Aspergers :D

Comments

• onlypaddy
    Options
    don't know why I have this feeling but i think it's because I saw it on another post a couple of months ago....

think its still 3 as someone tried to open a fourth and was told 3 was the limit.....

i cant really remember!
    Debts at LBM (May '08) £5760 - Lloyds CC £4260, Lloyds OD £1500;
    Debts as of May 28th 2011:
    Santander CC: £0.00
    Lloyds OD : £0.00
    DFW Nerd #1247 - Proudly dealt with my Debts :D Olympic 2012 Challenge #12
    456789 Posts: 2,305 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    It was 3 with Halifax and 3 with BOS I think before

but soon they will change it to to 1 single and 1 joint max for new account openers - not sure if you can still have with halifax and bos
  • noh
    noh Posts: 5,799 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Halifax Reward Current Account
    Special conditions:
    a) Available to people aged 18 or over who must be resident in the UK.
    b) Up to two account holders on an “either to sign” basis only. You can hold one Reward Current Account in your sole name and one in joint names.

Section 2 Special Conditions
    Page 14 of the T+Cs here:-
    http://www.halifax.co.uk/bankaccounts/pdf/Halifax-Reward-Terms-and-Conditions.pdf

• Pimpslider
    Options
    I've got 3.

Two in my name and one joint. I've had the two in my name for 10 years (were Current accounts, now (in the last month) Reward Accounts).
    I'M NOT AS THINK AS YOU DUMB I AM...
    Like Gary the No-Trash Cougar says: "Give a larbage, throw out your garbage!" Spread the word!
  • blueberrypie
    Options
    456789 wrote: »
    It was 3 with Halifax and 3 with BOS I think before

but soon they will change it to to 1 single and 1 joint max for new account openers - not sure if you can still have with halifax and bos

It was up to three per person until early November. A few people managed to open more than three by opening accounts with both Halifax and BOS, but most (if not all) found the extra accounts were closed a few days later.

It is now one joint and one individual account per person. Those who opened more than that before the rules changed can still hold their three accounts (so far, anyway).
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Indeed. Between BOS and Halifax, you were allowed a total of 3 Reward accounts.

It seems that if you had 3 when the rules changed on 1st November, you were allowed to keep them, but after that you were only allowed to open one.
  • Tiffster
    Options
    I hope that is the case, i opened mine start of October and have 3 accounts - so fingers crossed i get to keep all 3.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure