We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Purchasing currency on credit card...

2»

Comments

  • Check with you bank issuer to see if they do any deals with buying currency from them.
    I bank with lloyds and have a lloyds credit card, if I buy currency from their holiday money hotline using my lloyds card i get the money commision free and cash advance free.
  • pin
    pin Posts: 4,265
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    To buy / use foreign currency, pls see this post:

    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=201733
    "An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind" - Mahatma Gandhi
  • jonesMUFCforever
    jonesMUFCforever Posts: 28,898
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Check with you bank issuer to see if they do any deals with buying currency from them.
    I bank with lloyds and have a lloyds credit card, if I buy currency from their holiday money hotline using my lloyds card i get the money commision free and cash advance free.

    Are you sure?
  • Johnny5_2
    Johnny5_2 Posts: 7 Forumite
    If it's Euros you're buying, and you have a Co-Op nearby, you can buy packs of Euros from them and it goes through the till as a normal purchase. No extra charges on a Credit Card. I did it last month, no fees.

    SF

    I'll look into a co-op that does that... if I can find one it'll be a life-saver :T
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.