Booking Hotels via Travelstay - Who is to blame over messed up booking!

Options
I booked a hotel for 2 nights in London for 2 nights from the 18th - 20th December.

When I first booked I accidently booked for November instead. I immediately phoned travelstay to rebook the correct dates, which they did for £5.

After checking my hotmail to ensure that I received an cancellation and rebooking email I closed my hotmail - I don't look at it very often.

When the 20th November came I realised that the hotel had taken money from my account and when looking at my emails had received a no show email!

After checking back I found that the November dates had been rebooked after I cancelled them and that a new email had been sent with a new booking ID.

I emailed travelstay and they refunded the deposit for this booking that seems to have accidently been made again and told me that I must have pressed the refresh button on my browser and thus made another booking. They have told me the no show amount has been taken by the hotel and I should contact them, but have emailed multiple times over the last week. I will try and phone them.

I don't remember refreshing the page, but now I am not sure what to do.

- Is it my fault for refreshing the page and thus booking again and not checking my emails more often.
- It is travelstays fault for not warning me that another booking has been made.
- Should the hotel give me a refund?

Seems such a mess up to lose £50 over....:mad::mad::mad:
£4000 in 2011 - £48.88/£4000

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business