IoM bank account

Options
As you can take it I am from England :) but have a Isle of Man card account (personal account). Cut a long story short the police needed to look at my account due to so nasty little man saying id been creaming off the top of my business (which I wasn't and no charges filed). Now the question is I thought the police would just be able to get a court order to view my account and not even have to mess about asking me.
:T Debt Free 06/05/2010 :T

Comments

• Cazza
    Cazza Posts: 1,165 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    As you can take it I am from England :) but have a Isle of Man card account (personal account). Cut a long story short the police needed to look at my account due to so nasty little man saying id been creaming off the top of my business (which I wasn't and no charges filed). Now the question is I thought the police would just be able to get a court order to view my account and not even have to mess about asking me.

Yes they could. But it's easier to ask you first, if you agree there's no need to waste tax payer's money obtaining a court order.
  • Extant
    Extant Posts: 2,140 Forumite
    Options
    Yes, but doing so would cost them money to do so (as said above).

Police liaison teams will, in polite terms, tell them to screw off without a court order. Once they have your written permission or a court order, they'll usually go ahead and get the statements out quickly and with no charge.
    What would William Shatner do?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport