Simply Supplements in Trouble ?

My mother ordered from them in late October. has twice spoken to them about non-delivery and been promised they were in the post. Still no delivery and hearing rumours she is not alone. Are they in financial problems ?

Many thanks

Comments

• There seems to be some confusion here behind the reasons for rare delays in delivery of some orders placed towards the end of October and we are pleased to say that it is certainly not because Simply Supplements is 'in trouble'!

Some customers who placed orders at the end of October did experience unusually long delays in receiving their goods due to the Royal Mail postal strikes that took place on the 29th and 30th October. As Simply Supplements use Royal Mail 1st Class post once goods arrive in the UK from Guernsey post, unfortunately, a number of orders were delayed and in a small number of exceptional instances were not delivered. Although Simply Supplements were despatching orders as normal throughout this period, disruptions to the normal postal service caused unforeseen delays. For this reason, customers were correctly advised that goods had been despatched and were in the post but unfortunately some orders were delayed or did not reach customers as they were caught-up in the postal system.

Customer Service is priority at Simply Supplements and in the event of product delays, whether it is due to postal industrial action or manufacturer delays, it is our policy to re-despatch customer orders as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.

From time to time customer orders may be delayed due to some items being out of stock for a short period of time. Whilst we strive to retain 98% stock levels in order to maintain provision for periods of high demand, unfortunately there are some rare instances where products are temporarily out of stock. In these instances, it is our policy to offer an alternative quantity of the same product, if applicable, completely free of charge as a gesture of goodwill.

We would kindly advise any of our customers who have experienced delays in delivery during this period to contact our Customer Services Department on 0845 863 0622 or [EMAIL="enquiries@simplysupplements.co.uk"]enquiries@simplysupplements.co.uk[/EMAIL], where one of our friendly advisers will be happy to ensure that you receive your order as quickly as possible.
  • Customer Service is priority at Simply Supplements

You have to be joking! I have been receiving spam newsletters from you for 6 months now, have unsubscribed repeatedly, have emailed you repeatedly, have even phoned you - all to no avail.

This is a serious Data Protection issue which is now with the Information Commmissioner's Office.

My advice to everyone else is "Stay clear of Simply Supplements" if you want avoid spam in your inbox.
  • Simply Supplements customers who wish to receive information on new products, offers and discounts are given the opportunity to sign-up to our e-newletters. If at any time thereafter they choose to unsubscribe they can do so very simply by clicking the 'Unsubscribe' link at the top of every e-newsletter. Once we receive a request to unsubscribe, the customers' email address is removed from our e-mailing list with immediate effect.

From time to time customers have multiple email address and therefore appear on our e-mailing list several times which can result in further e-newsletters if additional email addresses have not been removed. For this reason we ask that customers give details of all email addresses to help prevent this from occurring.

As we do not know the details of this situation we would kindly ask that customers receiving unwanted e-newsletters contact our Customer Service department with details of all email addresses in order for the problem to be solved as a matter of urgency.

We can assure you that we endeavour to carry out our marketing activity in a considerate, ethical and economic way and respect the consumer’s choice when it comes to receiving direct mail, whether it is our brochures or e-newsletters.
  • spinybif_2
    spinybif_2 Posts: 424 Forumite
    edited 8 December 2009 at 10:42PM
    Well my mum has now spoken to them three times, I have emailed once and still getting promises that the order has been dispatched - twice they confirmed before she even told them who she is. Won't give mum a refund - having spent many 10s of pounds with them she is adamant never again - they will lose more than that her as the whole family normally order together !
    So AVOID AT ALL COST !!!!!!!!
  • Just not true what the Simply Supplements rep says:

I have clicked many times on the "Unsubscribe" link having carefully checked I am using the email address on the newsletter. I have emailed you several times with no response. I have telephoned specifically on this issue and am still getting the spam.

This is just abysmal Customer Service and a complete disregard for the privacy of the (ex)- customer.
  • Simply_Supplements_Admin
    Simply_Supplements_Admin Posts: 3 Newbie
    edited 9 December 2009 at 4:02PM
    In relation to the first thread regarding a delay in delivery, we offer a no quibble refund policy which promises a refund of your order for whatever reason. Unfortunately, in cases where goods have been despatched, we cannot process the refund until the unwanted items have been received and returned to our Freepost address.

With regards to the thread on unsubscribing form our e-newsletters, we operate a automatic unsubscribe email address for any such requests which removes emails from our emailing list with immediate effect.

We must point out that if customers click on the 'Unsubscribe' link at the top of our emails, this does not automatically unsubscribe them; it is simply a link to compose an email to our unsubscribe address ([EMAIL="unsubscribe@simplysupplements.co.uk"]unsubscribe@simplysupplements.co.uk[/EMAIL]). Customers must ensure that they actually send an email to this address in order for our system to retrieve their address as a unsubscribe request and remove it from our mailing list.

It is our policy to regularly check the accuracy of our unsubscribe system to ensure consistency at all times. Again, we cannot comment on specific situations but can confirm that if this is followed correctly then no further emails shall be received.

Any further queries should be discussed directly with our Customer Service team who will be happy to help.
  • pooh_bear138
    pooh_bear138 Posts: 7 Forumite
    edited 9 December 2009 at 6:48PM
    In relation to the first thread regarding a delay in delivery, we offer a no quibble refund policy which promises a refund of your order for whatever reason. Unfortunately, in cases where goods have been despatched, we cannot process the refund until the unwanted items have been received and returned to our Freepost address.

With regards to the thread on unsubscribing form our e-newsletters, we operate a automatic unsubscribe email address for any such requests which removes emails from our emailing list with immediate effect.

We must point out that if customers click on the 'Unsubscribe' link at the top of our emails, this does not automatically unsubscribe them; it is simply a link to compose an email to our unsubscribe address ([EMAIL="unsubscribe@simplysupplements.co.uk"]unsubscribe@simplysupplements.co.uk[/EMAIL]). Customers must ensure that they actually send an email to this address in order for our system to retrieve their address as a unsubscribe request and remove it from our mailing list.

It is our policy to regularly check the accuracy of our unsubscribe system to ensure consistency at all times. Again, we cannot comment on specific situations but can confirm that if this is followed correctly then no further emails shall be received.

Any further queries should be discussed directly with our Customer Service team who will be happy to help.

Please don't patronise by reminding us that the unsubscribe emails have to be actually SENT!!!!!! I can confirm that following your procedure correctly DOES NOT STOP THE SPAM.

Don't you think that when I actually took the time and trouble to PHONE, your Customer Service people would also have done what was necessary to stop the marketing, yet that also failed?

And how do you explain the fact that several emails sent to Customer Services on this subject WENT COMPLETELY UNANSWERED? Not just one, but several emails received no response.

If you don't know the specific situation, then do not make blanket assertions that your unsubscribe arrangements work, because they do not.
  • In relation to the first thread regarding a delay in delivery, we offer a no quibble refund policy which promises a refund of your order for whatever reason. Unfortunately, in cases where goods have been despatched, we cannot process the refund until the unwanted items have been received and returned to our Freepost address.

This is a nonsensical policy - what if the item is lost in the post and never turns up? It is your responsibility to get goods to customers in an acceptable timeframe, if you do not then you are required by law to offer a refund regardless of whether you have received the items back to you or not. Thank you for letting me know that you have this policy though as it has made me decide not to place any orders with you in the future in case I am charged for something that I never receive.
  • Just to complete the story, the goods turned up today, delivery postmarked 1st December despite their last assurance that they had been sent on the 26th November - and that was the third date on which they assured us they had been posted.
    LIES LIES and LIES !!!!!!!!
  • Coopdivi
    Coopdivi Posts: 3,412 Forumite
    Oh well spiny at least you got them. Now you can take your custom elsewhere.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure