Company claims to assist with getting bank charges back...

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Reclaim Bank & Credit Card Charges
2 replies 702 views
debbie_doodebbie_doo Forumite
133 Posts
hi,

can someone please help this as I am going out of my mind...

my bofy gets a random call on his mobile from a company claiming to assist wth getting charges back...I checked his bank statement today and they have taken out an 'admin' fee of £49.99, my boyf is adament he did not agree to be set up with this company (no paperwork signed or anything) as when he told me about the phone call I told him it was madness to sign up for such a thing as he can claim for free using these websites...

However, I have just nagged him into telling me he had already given his card details to them...:mad:

Now, 5 weeks on he has received no such 'admin' pack and we can't get hold of them, I am absolutely furious...my boyf has recently been laid off from work and claiming JSA...the day they took the card pmt out was the day his housing benefit went it and that meant his rent was short!!!

These companies prey on vunerable people..I said to my bofy how did they even know you had bank charges from the past? And He said 'oh I dunno'...so I said exactly??

any advise would be greatly appreciated as 50 quid is a lot of money to us at the moment and I need to get it back for him...

Replies

This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Energy price cap could be extended beyond 2023

New plans have just been announced by the Government

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides

Summer sizzlers round-up

Incl £2ish sun cream & £1.50 disposable BBQs

MSE Deals