Who to go thru for IVA

Options
Hi me and hubby are going for a IVA, Have £60,000 unsecured debt between us. Both work and have one child aged 5yrs.

Who do you go thru,as in CCSA or did you go thru IP near you.........

We have just put a old bank account that was just in my name in joint names,and husband is going to move direct debits and his wages to this from our main bank account.

We have got and understand all the "bumph" on IVA's just wondered how/who you got your IP.

Thanks
:eek: On the "verge" of going into in IVA.....creditors meeting Jan 27th........... :eek:

Comments

• james32_uk
    james32_uk Posts: 1,223 Forumite
    Options
    Payplan. Always been very good to me and offered me an unbiased view on my position and options. They don't charge anything upfront so you wont be ripped off. Everything done over the phone so I've never had to meet them or my creditors in any point of the process.
    Debt as at 12th July 2006 - £61,345 :eek: :eek: :eek:
    Debt free 21st Oct 2011.

All thanks to :money:
  • Deep_In_Debt
    Deep_In_Debt Posts: 8,579 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Worth trying CCCS also, they will only recommend it if it is suitable for you as there may be other options open to you.
    Debt 30k in 2008.:eek::o Cleared all my debt in 2013 and loving being debt free :)
    Mortgage free since 2014 :)
  • Foxy-Stoat_3
    Options
    I went thru a guy called GK Debt based in Twickenham, had to pay a small fee which was on the credit card anyway, so didnt "pay" as such. Very helpful chap !

After that, got a load of forms, spoke on the telephone to the supervisor company and away you go. Massive weight was lifted off my shoulder...HA, my OWN debit was about what yours is !!! Although I stopped paying the CC's when I started talking to them but it took 8 months to start paying the IVA, so 8 months worth of £1,100 interest a month and fees added another £10K onto my debit. IVA's go thru a lot quicker now tho.

That was 4 years and 10 months ago...have 2 more payments left and all clear. WOOP WOOP

Good luck with yours !!!
    "Dream World" by The B Sharps....describes a lot of the posts in the Loans and Mortgage sections !!!
  • Charco_2
    Charco_2 Posts: 1,677 Forumite
    Options
    Glad it all worked out for you Foxy...

(but you shouldn't really be posting something positive about IVAs, i dont think it's allowed on here! :rotfl:)
    Would you ask the wolves to look after the sheep?
    CCCS funded by banks
  • taplady
    taplady Posts: 7,184 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    we went through CCCS who recomended a decent company - Baker Tilley (now debt lifeboat) and we have been treated fairly and had no problems at all. Out IVA finishes in July:j
    Do what you love :happyhear
  • Pete*G_4
    Pete*G_4 Posts: 552 Forumite
    Options
    Mine is with Money Debt & Credit. Truth be told they've been pretty good provided you speak to the same person each time (you'll get a designated account manager) as otherwise the left hand has no clue what the right is doing.

The only issue I've ever had with my IVA (now coming up to 2 years in) is that Barclays ignored the fact I was in an IVA and still added interest etc onto my overdraft rather than freezing the account, claiming they had no confirmation/acceptance of the IVA. This is their own problem however not MD&C, as they were in the meeting and received all the necessary paperwork as I had a letter from them regarding the Barclaycard!!

whichever company you choose to go with, I hope it all works out well for you.
    GREENS M'SHIP OFFER NOW CLOSED SO PLEASE DON'T ASK ME!
    Olympic Debt-free Challenge £2150/£11900 = 18.0%
    NOW INVESTIGATING AN ALTERNATIVE TO MY IVA - I WOULDN'T RECOMMEND ONE ANY MORE!
  • Nargleblast
    Nargleblast Posts: 10,762 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    My IVA is with CCCSVA, and has been running for 8 months now. Some companies will take their fees over a year or more before paying out to the creditors, others take less than that. My creditors started receiving money a couple of months ago, so that is a psychological boost, knowing the debt has begun to reduce. The best thing is that your creditors can no longer hassle you once the IVA is up and running, plus you have some tangible idea of a debt-free date in the not too distant future. With the DMP I had before it would have taken 13-14 years to clear everything, and that was assuming all charges and interest were frozen (which of course they were not). There are companies out there that try and charge fees without actually doing anything for you, so be careful - only pay once you have received a service! And don't be fooled by those ads that promise to wipe off chunks of your debt using "a little-known piece of government legislation". Good luck.
    One life - your life - live it!
  • keeno14
    Options
    Our IVA started in August this year, £818 for 60 months through DFD - seems to be going ok, although certain creditors are STILL bombarding us with phone calls and threatening letters, which just get ignored / passed onto DFD. Just counting down until 2014!!!!!!!!!!!! :0
  • struggler
    Options
    I am in NI and CCCS recommended a firm where there was no personal interaction so I discovered via these boards another firm where I did meet my IP and it has led quickly to my creditors meeting to-morrow. I can let anyone interested know via a PM
  • trudij
    trudij Posts: 1,905 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    and I seem to be the only person in the world who are with Blair endersby and think they are great.... (mine ends in September next year - yay !!!)

just make sure you are happy with them, and dont be afraid to speak to a few before you decide.

good luck !!
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure