MoneyWorld.Com - Excellent Service

Options
Please note: I am in no way associated with Moneyworld other than a satisfied customer - just wanted to give credit where it's deserved.

I just wanted to post on this public forum of how good I have found the financial intermediary MoneyWorld.com. I read Martin's article regarding life insurance and got quotes from all his recommended intermediaries and selected Moneyworld for reasons of value. Due to the fact that they were offering such a competitive quote I expected, to some extent, the customer service level to reflect that.

I was applying for two seperate policies, for my partner and myself, and both required further information (Doctors report, specific questionaires etc.) therfore I was regularly in touch with MoneyWorld. The broker I dealt with was very efficient and friendly in his responses to my enquiries as to the progress of the applications and always promptly acted on everything I asked of him. To be honest the level of service exceeded what I had expected (he even called my Doctors surgery directly to explain a form they had been sent and promptly "chased" the insurance company up on other matters).

Anyway, based on my experience of MoneyWorld.com I can highly recommend them.

As I said, I'm not some desperate stooge from the company trying to drum up business, rather a poster who think it's useful for others who might be looking for opinions on a particular company.

Cheers

Nathan

Comments

• dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,529 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    How did you find the premiums of the pension term assurance and what trusts did you use to help avoid IHT?
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • nathanhill69
    nathanhill69 Posts: 217 Forumite
    Options
    I found the Net cost of Pension Term premiums to be very competitive and cheaper than traditional policies but the Gross premium to be slightly higher than the cheapest traditional policy premium.

Regarding trusts for the Pension Term policy - we had to complete a Discretionary Trust form, supplied by the insurance company, which could only be sent to them once the policies went "live". In our case we completed these in advance and sent them to Moneyworld who held onto them until we were in a position to accept the insurance terms, they then sent them on our behalf to the insurance company.

To give some context - we now have two seperate policies for term insurance compared to our old policy where we had a joint policy for decreasing cover and we're saving about £4.50 a month. So far better cover and at a cheaper price.

Hope this answers your questions

Nathan
  • nathanhill69
    nathanhill69 Posts: 217 Forumite
    Options
    xpelair wrote:
    I got my pension term cover online from https://www.clever-money.co.uk
    I even found I could have joint life with my wife.

Slightly off topic, but it was my understanding that pension term cover was only available on individual policies, not joint? Not that it matters as we were looking for individual policies but now I'm intrigued.

Anyone with better knowledge than myself care to elaborate?

Nathan
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,529 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Pension term is available on single life basis only. Although it is possible to package two single pension term assurance plans into a single wrap. However, that website doesn't appear to offer pension term assurance. Possible missunderstanding.

xpelair, your post reads like as if you are self advertising the site. I hope not because 1) thats pathetic if you are and 2) Because I am about to point out some negatives. Clever Money appear to be members of the personal touch network and personal touch are known not to offer very good terms for IFAs (compared with other networks). So I doubt the premiums would be that competitive compared to other IFAs or the discount providers which Martin lists in his protection article.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • nathanhill69
    Options
    I have to say, I did an exact "dummy" quote on clevermoney based on the details I got my new policies on and the results were:

A. No pension term policies offered.
    B. Quotes for the standard policies offered were more expensive than several other intermediaries I got quotes from.

Saying that, it is possible that once a customer made telephone contact with clevermoney they may have offered alternative policies not shown on their on-line search, such as a pension term one. Also, with different variables for each customer maybe some quotes work out better depending on your circumstances?

Nathan
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport