Hyundai Cars

Options
Hi,

What are the general opions of Hyundi's? Any good - what about their 5 yr warranty?

Reason being I see they are releasing a SUV style car called the IX35 - competing against the likes of the Kuga, Qashqui etc.

http://www.hyundai.co.uk/ix35/

Thanks!

Comments

• hewhoisnotintheknow
    Options
    not sure on the older ones, but the newer ones seem pretty good to me, my friend raves about em. 5 or 7 year warranties speaks volumes
  • talkalot
    talkalot Posts: 218 Forumite
    Options
    I brought a I10 about 6 months ago. Very nippy and spacious for the size car. Have had a few very minor niggles go wrong with the car all fixed under warranty with out any problems. Do visit a few dealers if you have that option as like every ware you get some good and some not so good ones. I have had a few Hyundai over the years and always found them to be very reliable.
  • jaydeeuk1
    jaydeeuk1 Posts: 7,714 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Hyundai make some excellent cars now. Not quite up there with toyota yet, but getting closer.

What happened to that supercar they were going to make a few years ago?
  • gilbert_and_sullivan
    Options
    jaydeeuk1 wrote: »
    Hyundai make some excellent cars now. Not quite up there with toyota yet, but getting closer.

What happened to that supercar they were going to make a few years ago?

Have a google for Genesis cars (Hyundai's prestige brand like Lexus is to Toyota), good seller in the USA, with V6 and V8 engines in saloon and coupe form..very nice motors too.

I doubt they'll arive here, people need a label so they buy overpriced overrated German cars.
  • hewhoisnotintheknow
    Options
    overpriced overrated German cars.

you forgot unreliable
  • ukjoel
    ukjoel Posts: 1,468 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    The cars they knock out these days are pretty good. Certainly a big step forward in recent years with reagrd to driveability and actual handling of the vehicles. If I am to be picky I think the interiors still have some way to go especially when you start prodding and poking around the quality and finish.

Reliability wise they are pretty good - and also from a repair cost point of view are one of the cheapest manufacturers out there to do repairs if things go wrong ( for both parts and labour)

Hyundai and Kia have done really well with the scrappage scheme and their smaller cars have been flying out the door (market share gone from 1% to about 3% I think)

The larger cars do suffer from very serious depretiation though so worth researching that aspect before buying new. They are also (in my view) a little more industrial to drive than the Ford or German equivelents.
    I should stress that is my view based on someone who drives a lot of different cars. The average driver would probably not have that view (to the same degree)

One I have driven which I would throw onto your radar if your looking for that kind of vehicle is the Skoda Yeti. Stupid name but a very impressive car. I am fairly sure its launched now in the UK so the dealers should all have one. Its a similar size to what your looking for but the handling and general decrum of the vehicle is much sharper and upmarket.

The other VERY IMPORTANT point I should add is actually look at the space in this group of cars. The Kuga for example is based on a focus chasis and internally seems a lot smaller than a Focus. A lot of people order these cars as fleet drivers without looking at them and get very upset when they arrive and they cant fit in what they thought they would. :rolleyes:
  • nobby24
    nobby24 Posts: 398 Forumite
    Options
    I'm on my second Hyundai, I like them very much, above all very reliable and the 5 year warranty is comforting.
    A problem shared is a problem multiplied. :o
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport