what sort of sander?

Options
hi all my dad wants a sander for xmas, trouble is i have no idea what sort

he is restoring a classic car so needs the sander for i am guessing the paintwork, but what type?

i asked my mum to find out but she hasnt, and i cant just ask him cos its a surprise present
things arent the way they were before, you wouldnt even recognise me anymore- not that you knew me back then ;)
BH is my best mate too, its ok :)

I trust BH even if he's from Manchester.. ;)

all your base are belong to us :eek:

Comments

• goldspanners
    Options
    does he have a good compressor? if so i would get him a pneumatic orbital sander, these are popular in the bodywork depts. get one with self adhesive pads, easy and quick to change over,if he is doing a full car then he will be doing a lot of changing.
    ...work permit granted!
  • before_hollywood
    Options
    we have a compressor, yes

i have had
    http://www.screwfix.com/prods/96814/Power-Tools/Air-Tools/Dual-Action-Sander

this one suggested on the other thread, its for bodywork on a 1959 rochdale gt
    things arent the way they were before, you wouldnt even recognise me anymore- not that you knew me back then ;)

• goldspanners
    Options
    we have a compressor, yes

i have had
    http://www.screwfix.com/prods/96814/Power-Tools/Air-Tools/Dual-Action-Sander

this one suggested on the other thread, its for bodywork on a 1959 rochdale gt

that looks similar to one ive used, they are ok it will do a good job, but get him a pari of heavy gloves, due to the compressed air they get very cold after prolonged use.

thats a bit of a rare old beast is it not? is it fibreglass? if so then a fine grit sanding disc would be best.
    ...work permit granted!
  • before_hollywood
    Options
    that looks similar to one ive used, they are ok it will do a good job, but get him a pari of heavy gloves, due to the compressed air they get very cold after prolonged use.

thats a bit of a rare old beast is it not? is it fibreglass? if so then a fine grit sanding disc would be best.

ohhhh yes, very rare, we describe it as looking like an e-type that was shrunk in the wash.
    the original site of the factory in rochdale, lancs is about a 20 minute drive from where i am from.

yep, its fibreglass

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport