Fiesta mk 6 problems?

Options
We've just got a 57 1.25 fiesta and aren't sure if there are problems with it. For a start the engine is very noisy and 'rattley' and there is also a whine noise that is especially noisy between about 2-3000 revs. Both of the noises seem to be coming from right behind the dash ie at the very top left of the engine when looking from the front.

I know that these 'noise' questions are very hard to answer without hearing the noise but I was just wondering if anyone has any similar experiences? It is due in for a service but if poss I'd like to be armed with a bit of knowledge.

Also over the first tank we only averaged 28mpg, which seems a bit low even for stop start city driving. not sure if this could be related.

Thanks

Comments

• terryya
    terryya Posts: 603 Forumite
    Options
    I know that post is a bit vague and hard to assess but thought I'd give it one bump with a bit more detail before letting it drift off.

The 'rattle' noise is easisest heard when the car is idling - it just seems too fast and too noisy. The 'whine' noise sounds similar to the noise the washing machine makes when it is doing the spin (the motor sounds, not the vibration) and gets louder and higher pitched between 2-3k revs.

I am taking it in for a service but think I'll prob be fobbed off.

Cheers.
  • Chippy_Minton_2
    Options
    I would have thought, you'd get around 35 to the gallon.

When did you last check the oil?
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • terryya
    terryya Posts: 603 Forumite
    Options
    I've checked it about two weeks ago and it was just below the top notch and was changed in April.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure