🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Makita Drill

Options
Does anyone have an opinion of this drill, is there anything better at the price, preferably Makita.

http://www.toolshopdirect.co.uk/item.php/sn/BHP452RFWXPROMO
Change is here to stay

Comments

• leveller2911
    leveller2911 Posts: 8,061 Forumite
    edited 26 November 2009 at 11:17PM
    Options
    You won't find a better make than Makita.Its a good cordless ,has a LI-ion 3 Amp Hr Battery. The only thing I would say is depending on how often you use it, you might consider a 2nd battery.Thats a decent price too.....

Matabo are also excellant too, just steer clear of De-Walt (tat)......
  • 27col
    27col Posts: 6,554 Forumite
    Options
    I have had a couple of Makita tools for over 30 years. Still going well.
    I can afford anything that I want.
    Just so long as I don't want much.
  • Apreciar
    Apreciar Posts: 627 Forumite
    Options
    Is this special edition model better or wose value for money than a standard drill available.
    Change is here to stay
  • leveller2911
    Options
    Apreciar wrote: »
    Is this special edition model better or wose value for money than a standard drill available.

Its just a different colour , no better and no worse......Go for it, Makita will last for years.
  • Chippy_Minton_2
    Options
    I've got the standard one in blue.

Go for it 1st class drill, you won't regret it.
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • amarg
    amarg Posts: 216 Forumite
    Options
    That is a good price. Makita are never cheap, unless you get the imported ones from the USA, but then you struggle with spare parts and warranty etc.
  • Chippy_Minton_2
    Options
    Sadly, I missed out when Screwfix were doing it for £120.
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • chrislee765
    Options
    Just in case you are still pondering..

I have this exact drill. The special edition just means a different colour and a nice carry case. I think its a brilliant bit of kit. The battery lasts for ages, and when it runs out it literally takes 22mins to recharge. I've got an extra battery but have never really needed to use it.
    Its lovely and ergonomic, mechanically it performs well.

Im really pleased with this drill and I hope it will last me for a good few years!

Find a job you love and you'll never work a day in your life.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 1 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport