🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Any rail discounts codes?

Options
mutley74
mutley74 Posts: 4,022 Forumite
Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
DAK if there are any rail discounts codes around?

last year was a good offer by First western £5.....

as this year i need to travel to the Midland and return fare is coming up at around £120!

Comments

• glider3560
    glider3560 Posts: 4,115 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Several companies offer 10% off their own fares. Which train company are you travelling with? Also what dates/times are you travelling and from/to which stations?
  • maple41
    maple41 Posts: 153 Forumite
    Options
    If you are registered with topcashback there is £4 cashback and quidco £5 off each ticket by booking with Virgin Trains. This appears to have just started. Ticket has to be over £7, guess yours would easily qualify.
  • mutley74
    Options
    maple41 wrote: »
    If you are registered with topcashback there is £4 cashback and quidco £5 off each ticket by booking with Virgin Trains. This appears to have just started. Ticket has to be over £7, guess yours would easily qualify.

Quidco are offering £5 off per basket not per ticket...so easy i book my journey in separate baskets!!

i tried some train website but none were offering the 10% on my journey, but if the quidco works then its a better offer as i will look into booking my journey in parts.

The £5 cashback offer is calculated per basket. To get cashback on multiple bookings you will need to book and pay for them separately. You will only recieve the £5 cashback offer if your ticket is £7 or more
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 38,045 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Mutley, I think you may be looking at this the wrong way.

Have you read the Cheap Train Tickets article?

If your were to tell us your journey... from, to, dates, times, number of passengers... I am sure someone will help you.
  • mutley74
    Options
    maple41 wrote: »

is it just me but i cant find the offer on the Quidco website??
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 38,045 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    mutley74 wrote: »
    is it just me but i cant find the offer on the Quidco website??
    This thread may help you understand that.
  • mutley74
    Options
    KeithP wrote: »
    This thread may help you understand that.

well i have asked Quidco why as i did confirm last week the offer with them via a quidco message...guess virgin realised £5 a lot compared to other rail travel sites.....

Martin, can you help in asking Quidco to bring the £5 offer back???:money:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family