Master Card and Platanium Card

Options
mughal
mughal Posts: 124 Forumite
Hi

May i have the Barclays Master Card and Barclays platanium card at the same time.

mughal

Comments

• Astaroth
    Astaroth Posts: 5,444 Forumite
    Options
    Mastercard is a company and a protocol for money transfer (Visa being the other common one)

Platinum (and black, gold, silver, blue etc) is simply a lenders way of naming different packages they have on offer.

The two are totally mutually exclusive to each other and is just down to the lender on what colour they pour into the plastic used to make the cards.

Now if the question is, can you have a Barclays Standard CC and a Barclays Platinum CC then there is no reason why you cant but it is just down to the lender if they want you to have 2 accounts or not - I personally have 3 credit cards with the same lender (2 personal and 1 company). Remember though that most exclude introductory balance transfer rates between cards they issue.
    All posts made are simply my own opinions and are neither professional advice nor the opinions of my employers
    No Advertising or Links in Signatures by Site Rules - MSE Forum Team 2
  • hilary1
    hilary1 Posts: 1,443 Forumite
    Options
    Don't forget that Barclaycard give nothing back to you for loyalty anymore and it might be worth checking out the cc thread for better options.
    The curve that can set a lot of things straight is a smile
  • Penny-Pincher!!
    Penny-Pincher!! Posts: 8,325 Forumite
    Options
    I have a BC platinum (LOB 3.9%), BC Matercard and BC Premiership card. I also have a Skycard which is backed by BC.

I am cancelling the 2 Mastercards though and dont have anything on any of my credit cards par the Platinum as I got a 3.9% LOB with no fee.

PP
    xx
    To repeat what others have said, requires education, to challenge it,
    requires brains!
    FEB GC/DIESEL £200/4 WEEKS
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts