We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING:
Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour.
Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Vendor on holiday
Comments
-
I'd accept this purchase may be going nowhere and look for something else in the meantime.0
-
My dilemma is that if I pull out I will have lost what I have spent so far, whereas if they pull out I'm covered by the type of sol deal I've got. I appreciate what you're saying Gwhiz!0
-
Walk away if no exchange date is possible by the end of the next week with completion before Christmas.
If they can't do that then just pull out.0 -
i think you have the upper hand as they need to sell up in order to go to Oz.
if it was me then id start looking again but dont pull out on this house unless you have to pay out any more money on it. that way either you find another house you prefer or this one proceeds ok. what ever comes first...0 -
'What I have spent so far" always comes up. It is trivial to the cost of getting it wrong. Forget about "what I have spent so far", it is only going to take your attention away from what is important.My dilemma is that if I pull out I will have lost what I have spent so far, whereas if they pull out I'm covered by the type of sol deal I've got. I appreciate what you're saying Gwhiz!
Just tell the agent and your solicitor that if completion is after the cutoff date, stamp duty is payable by the vendor.Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam0 -
as well as following advice given i would also ask the ea selling the property what other properties they have for sale. if they are in touch with the vendors they will no doubt pass on the fact that you are looking elsewhere. this might help gee them up. it worked for us.0
-
Thank you everyone! That's really good advice and I've decided to look at another property on Friday just in case. I realise that if I decided to buy another place I may have to pay stamp duty as not much time. But I really don't like the way this vendor is so laid back even though it's been on the market since last year and they already lost one sale! I wonder if they are stalling for time because of the brother still living there or they are not ready to move to Australia?! Anyway all your advice is much appreciated and if I can ever return the favour...!0
-
Did you make your need to move in by Christmas a condition of your offer?Declutterbug-in-progress.⭐️⭐️⭐️ ⭐️⭐️0
-
That's a good question Firfox! I did tell the EA that I wanted to complete and move in before Xmas and he of course said that would be ok. Now realising that he would say anything to get sale. He told me that the curtains and blinds were included and now they're not! I obviously should have got this in writng at the time of my offer. I have made some mistakes and I'm now learning from them!0
-
Telling the estate agent what you would like and making it a condition of the sale are two very different animals. I always offer in writing so there can be no mis-communication.Declutterbug-in-progress.⭐️⭐️⭐️ ⭐️⭐️0
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.8K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.2K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 606K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.8K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards