13»

Comments

• mobby-2554
    mobby-2554 Posts: 1,661 Forumite
    Options
    toprobroy:
    Quote from another thread:

toprobroy,

I've been a Club La Costa member for almost ten years, and there are good holidays to be had from them. Admittedly if you buy into it at a high price, the value isn't so good, but the owners themselves buy and sell from each other when they've finished with the product. This could mean they've no money left, retired, divorced, family moved on...etc Or just plain unhappy at not finding the Owners Website run by the Owners themselves. Its at https://www.clcmembers.co.uk There are forums where you can join for £5 for the whole year. Much better than paying the Resale Organisations large commissions or paying Club La Costa about £15k for their points, when you can get it from around £1000 upwards. Sometimes even for free, except when you have to pay a Transfer fee which is minimum of £400. Talk to the Owners themselves, there are about 2600 registrations to date.

Bye!

You just said you where a member?
  • costapkt
    costapkt Posts: 428 Forumite
    Options
    Just do not bother joining. To expensive, to much trouble to get out off.
    If you buy points all you are ' buying ' is fresh air.
    A few years ago as I have previously posted I attempted to book dates in August. I was doing this in January as that was when I got my work hoildays allocated. There was nothing to be had. I got to the point on the phone where I was just flicking through the CLC brochure picking countries at random ie States, Australia etc. NOTHING.
    In the end as I have said before had to go through another company and it was back to the Costa del Sol AGAIN.

DO NOT JOIN THESE COSTA ROBBERS
  • toprobroy
    Options
    Hi.
    Wasn't sure whether this site allowed me to advertise it, but here it is..and we'll see what happens. https://www.clcmembers.co.uk

Its not my advice holistically, although I do contribute, but all registrants contribute/advise...just as they do on this forum.

Try googling club la costa members or owners!

Bye!
  • budgetflyer
    budgetflyer Posts: 5,949 Forumite
    Options
    Yes Im a member of www.clcmembers.co.uk (although not a member of CLC) and for anyone looking to buy CLC points or info, the fiver is well worth it. I would have needed either a platinum or diamond membership to suit my requirements and the nearly £1600 management fees for that level of membership put me off buying .
    If people get out of their head its for "cheap holidays" then they are less likely to be disappointed with timeshare and/or CLC.
    As I have said, most people I meet on holiday who are in "timeshare" are quite happy with it. Its all about knowing how to maximise your membership either with 2 for 1s or bonus weeks etc
  • costapkt
    Options
    It was never in my head that CLC was a ' cheap ' holiday quite the opposite. People are conned into joining because of the lies of the sales people. For what you pay and what you get are two different stories.

The whole Timeshare/ Holiday Club industry would appear to be run by people with less than honest intentions,and anyone joining these schemes are lining the pockets of such people.

GIVE A WIDE BERTH TO TIMESHARE/POINTS OR ANY OTHER NAME THEY GO UNDER.
  • Milky_Mocha
    Options
    I've posted my cancellation and emailed one directly to the sales people who sold me the trial.

I also decided to find a luxury holiday myself using web resources and found that I could get a luxury resort accommodation for 4 in Tennerife for 7 nights plus flights for us (2 adults, 1 child, 1 infant) all for a total of approx £550 incl all taxes and its not a budget airline either. The CLC rates don't even include flights.

The accommodation I found also involves a 90 minute presentation so it is yet another sales pitch but this time we know we don't want it and so would ask no questions and say bye-bye at the end of it.

Also I've found similar accommodation that does not require a presentation and costs little more.

I feel like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders.
    The reason people don't move right down inside the carriage is that there's nothing to hold onto when you're in the middle.
  • dzug1
    dzug1 Posts: 13,535 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    The accommodation I found also involves a 90 minute presentation so it is yet another sales pitch but this time we know we don't want it and so would ask no questions and say bye-bye at the end of it.

Is that wise? You've already been talked into it once.....;)
  • costapkt
    Options
    Don't forget that 90 minutes in Timeshare speak can mean 6 hours or more.
    After that you are ripe for signing anything.!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure