Talk Talk screwed up my small business - warning

Options
sarahs999
sarahs999 Posts: 3,751 Forumite
HI,

I'm having a nightmare thanks to Talk Talk and I wanted to make sure moneysavers know about it.

I run a small magazine business and have used the BT 'call sign' service, which allows me to run two different numbers on one line and have a different ring tone for the business line so I know it;s a business call coming in - it's invaluable.

Talk Talk were making special offers, so we rang them and asked if they could do the same service for us. THey said Yes. My husband checked five times with them, and the answer was always the same - yes we can offer two numbers on one line, yes we can keep your business number, yes you can have call sign.

On MOnday they switched our service over and guess what? OUr buisines number no longer works, and when we checked with them it turns out that they don;t, in fact, offer this service at all. To say I was livid is an understatement. BT say we can't have our number back because it's now been stopped. So all our business cards, advertisers guides and magazines (becasue the number is at the bottom of every page) are now incorrect, and anyone calling to advertise with us is going to end up with a number unavailable signal, meaning we lose revenue. We are SO angry with them - I presume the best thing to do is complain to Oftel?

THanks for reading my rant! Down with Talk Talk.
Sarah

Comments

• Heinz
    Heinz Posts: 11,191 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Every sympathy (specially as you tried to ensure they weren't lying to you just to get your business - even though it turned out they were) but, out of interest, what price reduction appeared to be on offer?
    Time has moved on (much quicker than it used to - or so it seems at my age) and my previous advice on residential telephony has been or is now gradually being overtaken by changes in the retail market. Hence, I have now deleted links to my previous 'pearls of wisdom'. I sincerely hope they helped save some of you money.
  • mobilegossip
    mobilegossip Posts: 1,163 Forumite
    Options
    You have been mislead by them.They dont as you have found out to your cost support Callsign. The only calling features they support are shown here.

http://www.talktalk.co.uk/talktalk/servlet/gben-LLU-PageServer?article=MAIN.UK.TALKTALK.STATIC.LLSTATIC.LLCALLFEATURES

This is what they say on their site

"With TalkTalk Landline you can add a wide range of Calling Features. In fact we offer most of the ones you’re used to with BT."
  • steve_r123
    steve_r123 Posts: 512 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for the warning, I use Call Sign in much the way you did!

Sorry to hear about whats happened, make sure you complain!
  • nej
    nej Posts: 1,526 Forumite
    Options
    To hell with complaining, take them to court over loss of earnings!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure