MSE News: Abbey/A&L mortgage holders to get fee-free banking

Options
This is the discussion thread for the following MSE News Story:

"Abbey's two million mortgage holders will be able to get a virtually fee-free current account from January ..."

Comments

• wizk1
    wizk1 Posts: 911 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Well done Santander. :T Very innovative idea. I'm impressed!
  • bylromarha
    bylromarha Posts: 10,085 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    The way Abbey mucked up my mortgage app and my Zero CC there is no way I would trust them with my current account.

Nothing can prise me away from First Direct-having been through a few banks for special offers, I can say with experience 1st Directs CS is the best in the business. And I don't get charged any fees with them either - even have a £2k overdraft limit arranged, for free, should I need it. First £50 interest free.

Abbey know their rep for CS, and getting more current account customers will only highlight just how poor they are.
    Who made hogs and dogs and frogs?
  • AbbeyDhabi
    Options
    To be honest, I pity the poor complaints department of Abbey who will have to deal with inevitable upsurge in complaints due to mucked up transfer and such like.

It amazes me how Abbey manage to stay in business.
    Santander - usted puede silbar para su dinero
  • fischer79
    Options
    If you would choose your mortgage provider because of the current account they offered you should be locked away for your own safety.
    On the other hand if you have a mortgage with Santander it's well worth thinking about IMHO.
  • Paulgonnabedebtfree
    Options
    After the incompetent way Abbey have messed me around a number of times in recent years, I wouldn't trust the idiots with my nephew's piggy bank. Total !!!!!!.
    So it's free is it? Well at least they are being honest as to what they are worth.
    Too busy polishing Lewis Hamilton's boots to run a proper banking service. Banking service? They couldn't even run a bonking service.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure