Double glazed pvc quote

Options
Quote for 5 average sized windows and 1 door, in white, pvc, no lead, but 2 are frosted, door is good and reinforced with steel. The glass is good keeps in 90% of heat or something like that...

Quoted 2900, got them down to 1900 with fitting, and to do it within 2 weeks. Any good?

Comments

• gemandshed
    Options
    where was this quote from? local or national company? just wondering as we need ours doing too! thanks
  • andy69_2
    andy69_2 Posts: 1,998 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    gemandshed wrote: »
    where was this quote from? local or national company? just wondering as we need ours doing too! thanks

It was from safestyle, I hate companies like that but from all the companies I had round etc I got them down the cheapest, plus its good glass etc, the salesman wasnt bad either, wasn't pushy etc
  • markie1980
    Options
    Sounds like a good price.

Although I wouldn't give my money to a company that tried to charge £1000 more than they needed to!
  • andy69_2
    andy69_2 Posts: 1,998 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Yeh I know true! Thats why I don't like these big companies, When I was trying to get him down as I know what these companies can be like he said how much have you had quotes for and i said just keep going down and I will tell you when to stop. When he got to about 2200 he said he will have to ring his boss which he did and So i got them for 1900 which don't seem too bad, plus i got them to do it within 2 weeks and normally its at least 3 weeks!
  • lancashire_lad_3
    Options
    Any company who drops 1k off the price of a job and can do in 2 weeks are short of work especially when every company has to give 1 weeks cooling off period now by law
  • thebaldwindowfitter
    Options
    Any company who drops 1k off the price of a job and can do in 2 weeks are short of work especially when every company has to give 1 weeks cooling off period now by law

very true we have work to take us into february
    if you think peoples advice is helpfull please take the time to clicking the thank you button it gives great satisfaction
  • McKneff
    McKneff Posts: 38,830 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Personally I wouldnt touch them with a barge pole, especially since they tried to rip you off for £1k

When i ask for a price, i expect it to be a fair price for the work that i asked for.
    And like LL says, they must be short of work for such a short turnaround period.
    Makes yu wonder why, is it the recessaion or has word of mouth got round that they are rubbish. If you ask them for 2 recommendations from prevous customers and then go and see these customers, dont just ring them up.

Then decide, we did this a few years ago and the old customers told us they were very unhappy with the shoddy workmanship.

Get prices from local firms that you can call back if you need to.

Where abouts in the country are you. We have just had a new conservatory roof put on, excellent service and a very good price.
    make the most of it, we are only here for the weekend.
    and we will never, ever return.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport