PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Help with my Frozen Food.

Options
Couple of weeks ago I made a lovely Tuna Pasta Bake. Two small Dishes worth which I had eaten, Id made far more than I realised and made a huge Lasagne Dish full and put it in the Freezer.

Now im left with the problem. I dont want to defrost and eat it all.I presume the best I could do is have it two nights running although im not sure if it would be ok to eat for much longer afterwards?

Is there any easy way to cut it into smaller amounts. Quite a problem when its Frozen :( I hadnt quite thought it through being a novice n all.

People tell me once things have been Defrosted you cant refreeze.

What shall I do ?

Id estimate it would give me at least 3 or 4nights of Meals, plus I want my Dish back lol

Comments

• mandy_moo_1
    mandy_moo_1 Posts: 1,201 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Can't u maybe let it defrost for about an hour so you can get a sharp knife to slice it up into portions, then u can pop it all back in the freezer?

Next time, how about lining your dish with separate pieces of foil that you can parcel up and freeze separately, if you know what i mean?
  • leeegglestone
    leeegglestone Posts: 2,592 Forumite
    Options
    I thought about trying to defrost it for a while and then slicing up.

I think people may have a problem with that if it was like mince,chicken etc. but would it really matter to Tuna, as its not something that needs to be cooked anyway
  • Pink.
    Pink. Posts: 17,675 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Once it's defrosted you really shouldn't refreeze. You could defrost it and keep it in the fridge, but by the sounds of it, you'd be sick of it before you finished it. Sorry I don't have any better ideas. :o

Next time, allow it go cold, that way it's easy to cut into portions before freezing them individually.

Pink
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family