Major Elite rental or stroller rental at Disneyland Paris??

Options
I've been giving this some thought today as we are off at the end of the month and my ASD son has been particularly bad the last few days and it has got me thinking about how I am going to get him around Disneyland Paris as I cannot carry him for long.

I do not really go out on my own with my son, just if my husband is with me when he will carry him. However, this time he will not be here and it will be long days for DS, I think he will need it.

So, is there anywhere I can rent a Mclaren Elite short term, where would I ask about this? He will not be needing it all day so is it worth taking one or should I just go for the Disney Stroller rental in the afternoon and evening as I think they will be big enough. I do not know what to do as he has been in a buggy when we have visited previously.

I wondered what others in my situation have done and how you have found DLP and the Eurostar with an Elite buggy. Thanks.

Comments

• mummytofour
    mummytofour Posts: 2,636 Forumite
    edited 20 November 2009 at 9:01PM
    Options
    Hi,
    I have been waiting for months for an app with wheel chair services and still not had one. So in the end I got a Major from ebay brand new with the intention of selling it on if/when we finally get the new one.

I know the red cross have wheelchairs, perhaps your local branch has majors also? Another idea would be to ask on free cycle if somebody could lend you one?

I have not been on eurostar with it but its not to bad to steer around the shops and at the end of theday for me its better than ds screaming on the floor, headbanding and refusing to get up.

As to weather you need a majour, I guess you know your son best, will he be able to cope with the train, walking to the train and perhaps any delays? if so the perhaps the dlp buggy hire would suite?

Have a nice holiday.
    Debt free and plan on staying that way!!!!
  • blue_monkey_2
    Options
    Hi Mummy,

I've been onto the disboards and asked what buggy's they have at DLP and they are those awful heavy metal ones that look like supermarket trolleys. So, I've taken the plunge about bought the Major Elite from Boots. It was £230 inc postage and with 2000 points back to my card. I am sure I am going to end up using it. I know I am going to need it because of the change of routine for a start. I figured that I can park it in the morning and pick it up when I need it.

Will try and have a nice holiday - if truth be told I am dreading it as DH is usually with me and it'll be me and a friend with the kids. I'll be on my own getting to London so fingers crossed it'll be OK.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure