We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING:
Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour.

Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

FTB some advice needed.

2»

Comments

  • Fire_Fox
    Fire_Fox Posts: 26,026
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    magga2000 wrote: »
    Thanks we ware planning to send a surveyor in next few weeks,anyway.
    If you know anyone good and affordable in Cambridshire area please post. Should we let the agent know about the roof problems we spotted before and await some action response from the owners? or it's better to wait for a full survey?

    Why are you going to prevaricate for a few more weeks? Why can you afford to pay out as couple of grand on painting doors but you aren't willing to spend £425 on making sure the house isn't a write off? Why do you think the outgoings owners will care enough that the roof is leaking to do a proper repair? :confused:
    Declutterbug-in-progress.⭐️⭐️⭐️ ⭐️⭐️
  • Fire_Fox wrote: »
    Why are you going to prevaricate for a few more weeks? Why can you afford to pay out as couple of grand on painting doors but you aren't willing to spend £425 on making sure the house isn't a write off? Why do you think the outgoings owners will care enough that the roof is leaking to do a proper repair? :confused:

    Ideally would like to renegotiate the price offered before and do the work ourselves, but we know this might be difficult. As the owner was saying that they can't sell for less? Not sure if this is true. They bought it from council few years back for 60k selling for almost 120k, now? I think they very keen to sell as the property is vacant.

    I think we would be in a better position to renegotiate in few weeks. Especially if the building survey report we going to do will find anything else needed attention. I think they might be able to change their mind faster closer to exchange , completion date let me know if you think that I am right?
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.