Venue for young disabled people meetings in Cardiff?

Options
Hi, I'm trying to set up a local meet up with the disabled young people in and around Cardiff, because it's for under 25s it can't be a bar and we want something accessible and semi laid back.

Also we're on a budget so cheap or free would be preferable, any ideas?

Thanx in advance
Crow x

Comments

• Lilmiss_2
    Options
    What about enquiring with Chapter arts centre in Cardiff? They have a bar but also a cinema, coffee shop and various rooms and its fully accessible. Its also very close to a bus route and has a nice parking area for drop offs etc in wheelchairs or with mobility aids?
    Its very laid back and attracts a young crowd, studenty etc
    DFW £10923 (nov2014)
  • Savvy_Sue
    Savvy_Sue Posts: 46,047 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Might be worth looking around local churches, some won't be at all suitable but some now run coffee bars etc and they're more likely to go for the 'cheap or free' angle than commercial premises.
    Signature removed for peace of mind
  • kingfisherblue
    Options
    I don't live in cardiff, but in my area there are community centres that would be suitable. Only one has a bar, but it also has other meeting rooms. Some have cafe areas. For community groups (and at the centre where I am a volunteer, we would count you as a community group), we would charge £5 an hour. Some places charge double that for community groups, so it's worth ringing round.

If your council has an Urban Regeneration section, there might be neighbourhood development officers who can help. They may know of funding pots that will pay for room hire, refreshments, days out, equipment, etc. My council has these officers and they are great. The council itself also offers funding. So do the local housing association.

Good luck x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport