🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

What's the going rate?

Options
13»

Comments

• SnowyOwl_2
    SnowyOwl_2 Posts: 5,257 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I'll come and do it then, lol..sounds like an easy twenty quid just for scrubbing down some garden tools.... Your niece would be glad of it I'm sure - it'd get her something she really wants, like some music downloads, or a new top or something....or it might be of more value to her to save it. Don't give up...get her to go round and negotiate a deal for the job...teenagers always need money...and she'll be proud to have earned whatever she gets paid.
  • Glad
    Glad Posts: 18,866 Senior Ambassador
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hi, Martin’s asked me to post this in these circumstances: I’ve asked Board Guides to move threads if they’ll receive a better response elsewhere (please see this rule) so this post/thread has been moved to another board, where it should get more replies. If you have any questions about this policy please email [EMAIL="abuse@moneysavingexpert.com"]abuse@moneysavingexpert.com[/EMAIL] :)
    I am a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Wales, Small Biz MoneySaving, In My Home (includes DIY) MoneySaving, and Old style MoneySaving boards. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • SailorSam
    SailorSam Posts: 22,754 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Once you've brushed any muck off, garden tools only need a rub over with oily rag to stop them going rusty. Likewise the Bbq.
    Liverpool is one of the wonders of Britain,
    What it may grow to in time, I know not what.

Daniel Defoe: 1725.
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Why disinfect garden tools,
  • wontfallforit
    Options
    DCFC79 wrote: »
    Why disinfect garden tools,

Perhaps the people in question have more money than sense :p

The OP's neice could make it into a regular job :p

Seriously, though, I'd never bother disinfecting garden tools. If they got mucky, I'd just hose them down, at the most. Might be a different case if the tools have got exceptionally mucky, though (contaminated with dog poo, used for poking about in the wheelie bin, etc.)
    £1 / 50p 2011 holiday flight + hotel expenses = £98.50600

HSBC 8% 12mth regular savings = £80 out of a maximum remaining allowance of £2500

"3 months' salary" reserve = £00 / £3600 :eek:
  • olias
    olias Posts: 3,588 Forumite
    Options
    The only reason I can think of is if they were emigrating. We had to do that when we moved to Oz to satisfy the customs folk that we weren't importing dangerous diseases that would decimate all life in Oz.

If that is the case then Jeyes fluid is the best as the smell lingers and when the customs people open the container to check, they get a whiff and usually don't bother hoiking everything out to check.

Olias
  • moneysavingexpert79
    Options
    £25, and I'd expect the neighbours to supply all the disinfectant and tools, and safety equipment.

London Weighting Allowance does not apply if you're doing something off the books.
    Success and failure is determined by effort.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport