Cahoot PPI claim

Options

Comments

• jayuk2000
    Options
    Hi I also took out a loan with PPI from Cahoot, Can you please let me know were you sent your complaint to. Thanks
  • paulmc18
    paulmc18 Posts: 15 Forumite
    Options
    Hi,

I'm currently on a CCCS DM Plan.

I have a Cahoot card and for the 1st time in about 3 years logged on to the site to make sure my balances matched up with CCCS.

To my amazement, I see an option to cancel PPI.......I've never asked for it, I know I haven't! So, do I make a formal claim and I think I've had the card for well over 6 years....

What would be be the reclaim value on that??

Cheers
  • paulmc18
    paulmc18 Posts: 15 Forumite
    Options
    lmclean100 wrote: »
    Yes, I had success with PPI claim against Cahoot, just paid my cheque into my bank account last week. No problems at all with them, they put their hands up straight way and admitted it was incorrectly sold.

Took out my loan in 2005.

L

Hi, what did you receive back from Cahoot?
  • amersall
    amersall Posts: 17,006 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    paulmc18 wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm currently on a CCCS DM Plan.

I have a Cahoot card and for the 1st time in about 3 years logged on to the site to make sure my balances matched up with CCCS.

To my amazement, I see an option to cancel PPI.......I've never asked for it, I know I haven't! So, do I make a formal claim and I think I've had the card for well over 6 years....

What would be be the reclaim value on that??

Cheers
    As you are on a plan,any redress will go towards this,just so you know,even if this happens,this will reduce the balance and this will save you some money.
    You should get the 8% to you,ask the people who the plan is with what happens.

No one can tell you what this redress would be as the card has to be reset,the ppi removed and 8% added .

If you win redress,the company go back for 6 years,you need statements showing ppi paid before this,so they can calculate full redress.

Look here for reasons for mis sell
    http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/ppi-credit-card-insurance#step2

If any/all apply to you,then put a claim in.

Good luck.
  • Stuart_81
    Options
    I also had a cahoot loan 2004/2005? Still need to investigate. I did however sign up for this online. Does this mean I can't claim back PPI? Thanks in advance.
  • alexis3000
    Options
    Hi

I took out a loan with Cahoot around 2003/2004. I signed up via the internet and was happily paying the loan off when after a couple of years I realised that I was paying extra PPI. I called them and they happily took the PPI off.

A few months after that they raised the APR massively so I paid off the loan with a credit card (0%).

I'd like to try and reclaim the PPI but there are a few stumbling blocks:

1) I don't have any original information from Cahoot regarding the loan. I only have a couple of emails with what looks like an account number on them.

2) I have moved house twice since completing the loan and have no proof of the address I lived at when taking the loan out.

What can I do? Should I just give up?
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 4 June 2013 at 11:34AM
    Options
    alexis3000 wrote: »

I took out a loan with Cahoot around 2003/2004. I signed up via the internet
    If you signed up via the internet then your house moving and document concerns are moot. By using the internet to apply for a loan and agree to PPI then you can have no case for mis-sale since no bank staff will have advised you.

You mis-bought this insurance.

Sorry.

Stuart_81 wrote: »
    I did however sign up for this online. Does this mean I can't claim back PPI?
    As above.

Sorry.

Edited to add;
    It's possible that both of you had pre-populated boxes for PPI which you would have had to un-tick to refuse PPI. If this was the case during your application then this has been deemed unfair and would provide a case for mis-selling.

The problem is that these pre-ticked boxes were not always employed.
  • alexis3000
    Options
    If you signed up via the internet then your house moving and document concerns are moot. By using the internet to apply for a loan and agree to PPI then you can have no case for mis-sale since no bank staff will have advised you.

You mis-bought this insurance.

Thanks. I thought as much.
  • Johnnyp950
    Options
    Hi there,

I took a cahoot flexi loan in September 2004 & have been paying PPI ever since. I took this loan over the internet.

I have contacted Santander and they say I do not have a case.

I was wondering if anyone had any advice? Can I claim? I can't remember if the box was pre-ticked for insurance as it was 10 years ago

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Thanks
  • lisalou121
    Options
    Hi sorry i'm a bit late adding to the thread.

I have currently used a company to find PPI... Although i now have found i had a cahoot loan.. I am now wanting to take this further myself.. I noticed that you say you contacted santander?????? With my current PPi claim i have an ongoing issue with Bradford & Bingley,,.. This should'nt take into account Cahoot whilst claiming against B&B????
    I know they Merged but if i am claiming against Cahoot... this should be a completely different claim YES????

Thank you
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport