PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Help with a Communion Cake please. UPDATE!

Options
13»

Comments

• finc
    finc Posts: 1,095 Forumite
    Options
    Your cake is FANTASTIC!1 I am so in awe!! I was all set to make mine but it turned out a bit iffy and then ex DH (DD's Father) turned up with a monstrosity for which he had paid £150 (£149 more than I've ever had in alimony but don't start me....) - it was totally OTT - needless to say it was the talk of the day but honestly, and this is not sour grapes, it was just the same as a costco sponge inside - I don't like costco sponges as I think the buttercream stuff is too sweet and artifical tasting and that is what this was like underneath the swanky outside!!!

Oh I hope you still had a lovely day. The weather here was a bit poor but at least it didn't rain. My daughter wanted to walk to Church so she could show her dress off and I was worried it would be covered in water spots!

I used your suggestion and baked it in a roasting tin so saved me buying a tin :T. It tastes yummy and is nearly all gone now :D
    :smileyhea
  • Floss
    Floss Posts: 8,273 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    it was just the same as a costco sponge inside - I don't like costco sponges as I think the buttercream stuff is too sweet and artifical tasting and that is what this was like underneath the swanky outside!!!

Maybe it was.......mutton & lamb comes to mind!;)

Anyway, sounds like everybody had a great day - ours were on Saturday too & the sun shone on the righteous in the leafy Cheshire suburbs :D One of my neighbour's daughters' wanted to do it all over again on Sunday - including the party!
    2021 Decluttering Awards: ⭐⭐🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇 2022 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
    2023 Decluttering Awards: 🥇 🏅🏅🥇
    2024 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
  • Burlesque_Babe
    Burlesque_Babe Posts: 17,547 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    wow!!!!!!!!!That looks absolutely fantastic - well done!
    :D"Stay Wonky":D

:j:jBecome Mrs Pepe 9 October 2012 :j:j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family