term pension assurance

Options
can anyone point me to a good site for online quotes for this type of cover, also any good, bad companies etc
thanks

Comments

• dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,379 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    A number of life companies are refusing to let their pension term assurance be sold without advice given. Those companies will not be present on any quote portal aimed directly to consumers. They are quoting on portals for FSA authorised individuals as well.

Companies that are allowing it to be sold on execution only basis have to have added warnings due to the higher risk nature of the policy.

All the insurers that currently offer this product have no specific issues. Some are better than others on the claims front and administration but that shouldnt bother anyone doing it themselves as they should be doing their own research to find that out.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • tryingtomove_2
    Options
    thanks for your reply, i would like to alter our joint life insurance to seperate policys, with different payouts as our finances have altered since it was taken out, i do have a pension adviser but he is only pensions and investments not mortage and insurance ect will see if he is doing pension life.
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,379 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    An investment authorised adviser can do protection. A protection only adviser cannot do investment class business. An investment authorised adviser may not be able to do mortgages though all he/she will be able to do any insurance/assurance that goes with it.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure