Gas Fire Flue Help

Options
Hello everyone, this is my first post here.

I have just brought a Trident Gas fire off ebay (for my first home), little did I know that its a external flue type its not that straight forward. I have a normal chimney breast in my house and wondered if there was still a safe way of installing the external fan inside the chimney breast and for it all to work correctly?

I don't want to run the flue along a wall and outside to mount the fan, and fear I may have wasted my money :(

Any help would be very greatful.

Thanks
Gary

Comments

• EliteHeat
    EliteHeat Posts: 1,382 Forumite
    Options
    No, you cannot install this, I take it that it is a Trident Powerflue?. Why not put it back onto eBay?
  • brentford35
    Options
    is this the only real option I have? Thanks anyway for the very quick response.

I just thought as there is natural air in the chimney this might not be a problem.

Sorry yes, this is a trident power flue (exel plus)
  • bambibashercol
    Options
    yes only option, That fire is not open flued and cannot fit in a Chimmney.
    No gas engineer would fit this and if you try and fit it yourself you ain't going to wake up again.
    Carbon monoxide kills. stick it on ebay
    Better safe than sorry.
  • C_Mababejive
    C_Mababejive Posts: 11,658 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    yes only option, That fire is not open flued and cannot fit in a Chimmney.
    No gas engineer would fit this and if you try and fit it yourself you ain't going to wake up again.
    Carbon monoxide kills. stick it on ebay
    Better safe than sorry.
    CO2 + H2O also kill.
    Feudal Britain needs land reform. 70% of the land is "owned" by 1 % of the population and at least 50% is unregistered (inherited by landed gentry). Thats why your slave box costs so much..
  • brentford35
    Options
    OK OK I think I have officially been put off that idea. But honestly thanks very much for your repliesm however much they scared me they are very useful.

My 3 options are:

1, Fit correctly.
    2, Put back on ebay.
    3, Install just the fire part and only have it for effect but not connected.

one last question though, is there a way to by pass the fan and use it as a convectional gas fire?
  • C_Mababejive
    C_Mababejive Posts: 11,658 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    OK OK I think I have officially been put off that idea. But honestly thanks very much for your repliesm however much they scared me they are very useful.

My 3 options are:

1, Fit correctly.
    2, Put back on ebay.
    3, Install just the fire part and only have it for effect but not connected.

one last question though, is there a way to by pass the fan and use it as a convectional gas fire?
    Yes..just affix a cooker hose and some wheels to it and hey presto..you have a mobile gas heater.

If your chimney is on a gable end,you could possibly fit the flue through the back of the fire opening to outside but it depends on the situation.
    Feudal Britain needs land reform. 70% of the land is "owned" by 1 % of the population and at least 50% is unregistered (inherited by landed gentry). Thats why your slave box costs so much..
  • bambibashercol
    Options
    go for option 2 and as for your last question then its no
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills