PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Peking/ Crispy duck & pancakes

Options
2»

Comments

• Noozan
    Noozan Posts: 1,058 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    How was the duck?
    I have the mind of a criminal genius. I keep it in the freezer next to Mother....
  • lynzpower
    lynzpower Posts: 25,311 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    It was REALLY REALLY good, thank you very much for the hairdryer idea, I think that was what sealed it. If anything it was a little too crispy but then I left it in the oven a bit too long, third time lucky on this one I think, and maybe I'll use a little muscoivado sugar next tiem in the galze too. Was slightly too salty for me, but YUM none the less

So thanking you very muchly :)

My local decent takeaway charges 7.00 for duck & pancakes I made double the amount you usually get with them for £3. All good :)
    :beer: Well aint funny how its the little things in life that mean the most? Not where you live, the car you drive or the price tag on your clothes.
    Theres no dollar sign on piece of mind
    This Ive come to know...
    So if you agree have a drink with me, raise your glasses for a toast :beer:
  • **purpleprincess**
    Options
    lynzpower wrote:
    It was REALLY REALLY good, thank you very much for the hairdryer idea, I think that was what sealed it. If anything it was a little too crispy but then I left it in the oven a bit too long, third time lucky on this one I think, and maybe I'll use a little muscoivado sugar next tiem in the galze too. Was slightly too salty for me, but YUM none the less

So thanking you very muchly :)

My local decent takeaway charges 7.00 for duck & pancakes I made double the amount you usually get with them for £3. All good :)

Hey lynz!! This sounds yummy, so what exactly did you do/use to make this delish dish?? I love duck but it is very expensive so if I could make it at home that would be ace!!
    Official DFW Nerd no. 082! :cool:
    Debt @ 01/01/2014 £16,956 Debt now: £0.00 :j
    Aims:[STRIKE] clear debt, get married, buy a house[/STRIKE] :D ALL DONE!!
  • rev229
    rev229 Posts: 1,045 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary PPI Party Pooper Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Defrosting my bargin duck anyone got a easy recipie for crispy duck otherwise we will be having roast duck on sunday! Thanks
  • Guapa1
    Guapa1 Posts: 890 Forumite
    Options
    Noozan wrote: »
    Aromatic duck. Spilt duck in half lengthways. In a pestke and mortar, grind 2 tbsp 5 spice, 1 tbsp peppercorns, 2 tbsp cumin seeds, 1 tbsp rock salt, 1 tbsp dark brown sugar. Rub all over duck on both sides. Leave for a few hours, preferably over night.

Steam over a pan of boiling water for 1.5 hours. Allow to cool completely. Heat 2 inches of oil in wok. Fry the duck skin side down over moderate heat for 10 - 12 mins, turn over and fry for a further 5 mins. Remove and allow to drain and cool slightly. Shred completely with two forks and serve with pancakes.

Invite me to dinner!

I'm so going to be trying this this week.
    Getting there... A deal at a time. :T
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family