Is stoozing still worth the effort?

I have had an amount in savings for over 2yrs stoozed off my original CC BT and making the repayment from another source. I've kinda got used to the balance sitting in my savings account now.
In Dec my virgin 0% ends. Because of the fees charged now and the savings interest being so low, is it worth trying to find another card or should I just pay the balance back and be done with it? The balance is down to £1500 now.
;) debt free...yippee :dance:

Comments

• uberalles
    uberalles Posts: 4,198 Forumite
    It certainly might still be worth it

However, because of the reasons you give I could no longer be bothered messing around and paid back a balance of £16000 a couple of months back that I had been transferring for a few years amongst cards.
  • Eric_Pisch
    Eric_Pisch Posts: 8,720 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    with the BT % charge, low interest rates and income tax it cant be worth the hassle now
  • Paul_Herring
    Paul_Herring Posts: 7,481 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    You're probably better off 'slow stoozing' - concentrate on 0% for purchase cards, and stick your usual spending on them, sticking the money you normally would have spent in your savings account.
    Conjugating the verb 'to be":
    -o I am humble -o You are attention seeking -o She is Nadine Dorries
  • Moggles_2
    Moggles_2 Posts: 6,097 Forumite
    You're probably better off 'slow stoozing' - concentrate on 0% for purchase cards and stick your usual spending on them, sticking the money you normally would have spent in your savings account.
    I think that's right, unless you have an offset mortgage or fixed-rate savings accounts taken out before interest rates dived.

If you're intent on making a few quid using credit cards, the 0% on purchases deals are probably the way to go.

To maximise the 0% period, 12 months is available from Tesco ;)
    http://www.tescofinance.com/personal/finance/finance/creditcards/clubcc/index.jsp
    People who don't know their rights, don't actually have those rights.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure